Texas A&M University has a proud history that stretches back to 1876 when The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas became the first public institution of higher learning in the state of Texas. Nestled in the heart of the Houston-Dallas-Austin triangle, Texas A&M University at College Station is the state's largest university, with nearly 65,000 students calling Aggieland home, and another 5,200 Aggies are studying at branch campuses in Galveston, Texas, and Doha, Qatar. Texas A&M's designation as a land-, sea-, and space-grant institution reflects the superior quality and diverse range of research and innovation occurring on campus daily.
Texas A&M boasts a strong military tradition, having contributed men and women in uniform to every armed conflict since the Spanish-American War. More Aggies commission as officers into the U.S. Armed Forces than any other school outside of the U.S. military academies every year. Student-athletes represent Texas A&M across 18 sports within the Southeastern Conference. Additionally, the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum is located on Texas A&M's campus, as is the President and First Lady’s final resting places.
Quick to offer a cheery "Howdy!" to any visitor, Aggies pride themselves on their hospitality and strive to live out the University's core values of respect, excellence, leadership, loyalty, integrity, and selfless service.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of professional, non-clerical experience in data management, visualization, analysis, or closely related work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to participate in and foster a collaborative team environment.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather information requirements, retrieve accurate information, and present that information in an understandable form (MS Excel, Tableau, or other data visualization/presentation tools).
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new data analysis tools and methodology. Understanding and appreciation for the role of admissions/recruiting functions in a higher education environment.
- Ability to effectively work independently.
- Must be able to operate in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with users possessing various levels of technical and functional knowledge, and demonstrate a customer service orientation to faculty, staff, administrators, and affiliated professional organizations.
Preferred Eduation and Experience:
- Master's degree.
- Four or more years of experience, preferably in higher education in an Ellucian Banner environment, with experience in Strategic Enrollment Management, advanced Excel utilization (pivot tables, formulas, graphing), data queries (SQL), data visualization/business intelligence tools, Constituent Relationship Management tools (CRM) – preferably in a Technolutions Slate environment, Tableau, and statistical analysis.
- Understanding of the role of strategic enrollment management in making decisions in a higher education environment.
- Aware of basic statistical analysis tools and tests (regression, probability, and forecasting).
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and visualization tools in a business or higher education environment.
- Ability to design, develop, conduct, and assess effectiveness of programs and applications specifically with regard to Enrollment Management.
- Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience working with spreadsheet or visualization programs in a business or higher education environment.
Salary range: $42,511.45 - $49,712/Annually (Compensation will be commensurate based on selected hire's experience)