December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Storyblocks is a rapid video creation platform that allows individuals and businesses to create better videos, fast enough to meet strategic objectives. Storyblocks exists so you don’t have to choose between creativity, output, & meeting your business goals.
Storyblocks is the complete content solution for creators and businesses alike, providing an unlimited library of high-quality royalty-free video, audio and images through cost-effective subscription plans. With unlimited downloads and worry-free licensing, you can build and iterate endlessly with full confidence.
Maker is our easy video editor that directly connects with the Storyblocks library, templates, animations and effects to simplify and streamline the video creation process, saving you valuable time.
Our new plugin for Adobe Premiere Pro allows video producers to create within their native editing tools faster than ever.
Storyblocks subscribers are able to download an unlimited number of clips from a vast and growing library of stock video, production music, motion backgrounds, sound effects, special effects, After Effects templates and have access to our easy-to-use video editor, Maker.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We're searching for a Senior Data Analyst to collaborate closely with our Product Managers and various business stakeholders, such as Customer Support and Content teams, to deliver actionable insights.
As part of the Analytics team, our mission is clear: empower the organization with data-driven actions. We thrive in cross-functional mission teams, taking ownership of the entire analytics process, from exploration to impactful recommendations. We're proud of the valuable insights we provide and operate within the Data Group, which sits within the Engineering organization.
On the product side, this analyst will help build actionable insights that help us understand our product usage patterns better. They'll be deeply involved in strategic product discussions and decisions and champion data-driven decision-making in their squad. For the customer lifecycle aspect, this role will help build shared understanding around our retention efforts, including reporting on core metrics and initiatives, building new, improved metrics, and deep-dive analyses and dashboards to help our cross-functional business teams.
This role can be based out of anywhere in the US.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct quantitative analysis to inform strategic product decisions, e.g. extract actionable insights from search and session data to enhance user experience
- Support forecasting and budgeting exercises through data support (e.g. opportunity sizing of initiatives)
- Explore large datasets, give meaning to data and numbers, identify opportunities and issues, and present findings to stakeholders
- Develop and implement metrics, dashboards, and reports to monitor and assess product performance
- Conceptualize, initiate, and oversee high-impact experiments, ensuring alignment on outcomes and deep, actionable insights from results
- Establish a shared vision across the company on product goals and product optimizations by driving consensus on priorities, leading to major product improvements
Customer Lifecycle Analytics
- Take ownership of defining, tracking, and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs) critical to the business
- Partner with cross-functional teams to formulate hypotheses, establish quantitative objectives, and design experiments for roadmap projects
- Conduct thorough exploratory data analyses to uncover actionable patterns and insights that guide future strategies
- Innovate user-friendly dashboards that set the standard for data visualization and accessibility
- Summarize and disseminate findings to a diverse audience within the company, from technical teams to go-to-market teams and leadership
- Collaborate with engineering teams to enhance data collection processes by supporting data infrastructure, data pipelining, and warehousing solutions work through feedback and prioritization
- Serve as a liaison between product teams and data/analytics engineering teams, ensuring seamless communication and alignment
- Craft persuasive and data-rich presentations that not only inform but also inspire action
- Play an active role in promoting data democratization efforts across the organization by creating data stories, conducting training sessions for non-technical personnel, and offering mentoring support to business stakeholders as needed
What You Bring to the Table:
- 3+ years experience in product analytics, data science, or equivalent analytical functions
- Entrepreneurial self-starter that thrives in a fast-moving environment and is capable of independently seeking information, marshaling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction
- Strong cross-functional and executive communication skills, including a proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with business partners
- Logical, analytical thinker with business acumen
- Proficient in statistical techniques and concepts (regression, power analysis, clustering, etc)
- Proficient in SQL and Python (or equivalent)
- Experience with BI tools (Mode, Looker, etc)
What we offer
What We Bring to the Table:
- 401(k) retirement plan: We offer both a Traditional and Roth 401(k) with a company match.
- Company-paid medical: Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave: Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. We have a dedicated private space available to breast/chest feeding employees.
- Unlimited vacation: At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don't worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically, employees take about three or four weeks each year. Plus, two company-wide week breaks in July and December as well as numerous Fridays off throughout the year to take advantage of 3-day weekends.
- Workplace benefits and perks: Whether you work in our offices in Arlington, VA or anywhere else across the US, we have you covered. Fully stocked office kitchen? Check. Home office stipend for hybrid and remote workers? Check. Commuter stipend for office workers? Check. Company and team events? Check.
- Flexible work options: Much of our workflow is online, and for in office meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth: We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well. We also have a leadership coach, on staff, available to all employees to enhance your professional development.
- Employee perks: We help employees maintain work-life balance and honor their contributions to the organization by offering resources such as a financial wellness program, a subscription service that offers unlimited deliveries from thousands of eligible restaurants with $0 delivery, and a recognition and rewards program that celebrates their accomplishments.
- Casual Work Environment: Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).