February 26, 2024
About Our Company
MERIT reimagines luxury beauty by making it clean, well-edited and accessible. We believe in responsible luxury, making products safe for body, skin and planet. The antidote to the overwhelming, excessive world of beauty — we simplify what it means to get ready.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst is responsible for providing analytical insights, establishing processes, and building out MERIT's data reporting dashboards and infrastructure. This person will partner with data engineers to build systems and tools to enable scalable analysis, reporting, and data quality. This role will also partner with key business stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage data to meet functional business objectives. This role reports into the Director of CRM and Data Analytics.
- Collaborate with data engineers to deliver end-to-end data products with input and consultation from functional areas across the business
- Work closely with data engineers to ensure the collection, transformation, and storage of relevant data for effective analysis
- Collaborate with data engineers to craft and build foundational datasets
- Identify data quality issues, implement data cleansing procedures, and ensure data integrity throughout the analysis process
- Coordinate the development, automation, and management of reports and dashboards, prioritizing work based on impact for the business
- Work with Digital Product, CRM, and data consulting agency on data processes and workflows
Data Analytics and Reporting
- Oversee, monitor, and report on performance across digital traffic channels including tracking key metrics such as sessions, conversion, AOV, CAC, LTV, Retention Rate, etc.
- Conduct deep-dive investigations into cohort performance and provide actionable recommendations to optimize customer acquisition, engagement, and retention strategies
- Collaborate with teams across the organization (Marketing, Digital Product, Customer Service, Operations, etc.) to identify gaps in reporting needs, develop reports and dashboards based on the gaps, and seek feedback for the progression of reporting
- Identify and investigate emerging trends and anomalies in key performance indicators and communicate meaningful insights
- Help to design and execute experiments to achieve company goals such as revenue and customer lifetime value
- Support Director of CRM & Data Analytics in managing Data Subject Access Rights Management
- 3+ years of experience in analytics; 2+ years supporting marketing analytics at a D2C startup
- Experience crafting dashboards and self-service capabilities for key stakeholders through reporting tools (Google Data Studio, Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Google Analytics 4
- Basic understanding of Python, databases, ETL, and 3rd party integration tools
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities; strong grasp of statistics and mathematics, and ability to write SQL based queries
- High attention to detail and diligence in clean, verifiable data
- Must be flexible and nimble, understanding company priorities and being able quickly pivot based on needs
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with skills to interpret and explain technical concepts in a simplistic manner
- Exceptional ability to work collaboratively with internal staff and external vendors
What we offer
We are proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package in addition to salary compensation. The annual salary range for this role is $110,000 - 125,000 in addition to bonus potential, stock options, a 401(k) match, health benefits, paid time off and more.