About Our Company
We're a 45 year-old, $7.7 billion national tool retailer with the energy, enthusiasm, and growth potential of a start-up. We have over 1,400 stores in 48 states across the country and are opening several new locations every week. We offer our customers more than 7,000 tools and accessories, from hand tools and generators to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools. We provide our customers with the right tool for the right job at the right price, always delivering quality and value.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst is responsible for using strong analytical skills to present data in report form to various levels of management. The Data Analyst uses a variety of data sources to blend and join data for efficient delivery. A typical day involves the collection, aggregation and evaluation of data – and you do that by leveraging advanced visualization techniques with in Python or R as well as SQL. The position requires maintenance of the central database to ensure it is up to date. Continuous improvement is a must on all central systems.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Extract data from various systems and generate daily reports to be utilized by the management team; Consolidate several large sets of data into databases.
- Apply analytic methodologies to business operations data to provide business insight and enterprise performance analysis.
- Translate business needs into solutions by gathering requirements and communicating those for development; Maintain close working relationship with other departments in and out of inventory for the purposes of collaboration on new projects or process improvement through support and leadership.
- Create and maintain forecasts, ad-hoc reports and dashboards in support of the business
- Develop new reports and analyses, along with insights and deliverables, to various levels of management, to better support the business
- Ensure data accuracy and create ad hoc reports.
- Gather, extract, manipulate, analyze and model data using analytical and statistical tools.
- Improve the central SQL database through the removal of obsolete items and efficiency testing.
- Establish production level code on all key processes with complete documentation
- Perform quality work within deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Assist with training temporary and permanent resources added to the team in current programs and business organization.
- Assist with training other departments on new tools and procedures.
- Prepare baseline schedules, obtains required approvals, and drive process to completion
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other associates.
- Participate in project meetings; summarize system improvements, security concerns, glitches and performance with leaders from other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Regular attendance is required as an essential job function
- Staff supervision and development — No
- Resolves problems and provides data for decision support
- Negotiates on behalf of management
- Provides consultation or expert advice
- Travel – minimal 5% max
- Location— Remote
- Bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, Economics/Finance, Logistics/Supply Chain, Or Math, Statistics or related field OR equivalent combination of experience.
- 3+ years Inventory, or retail management experience preferred
- Experience analyzing and profiling data, data modeling and performing report testing
- in SQL and Python or R programming
- Technical writing
- Understanding of retail forecasting
- Confident problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Manage and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications with advanced Excel skills
- Filemaker experience a plus
- Have a strong understanding of project and problem management, and can promote open communication among teams to ensure collaboration.
Skills (Preferred / Desired)
- Level of language needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- High level of mathematical and computer skills needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties.
- Level of reasoning skills needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
What we offer
The anticipated salary range for this position is $64,900 – $97,300 depending on location, knowledge, skills, education and experience. This position is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus. In addition, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits to Associates (and their families) such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability. Eligible Associates are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Associates will accrue paid time off up to 236 hours per year (inclusive of PTO, floating holidays, and paid holidays). Paid sick time up to 80 hours per year unless otherwise required by law.