February 26, 2024
About Our Company
From classic animated features and exhilarating theme park attractions to cutting edge sports coverage, and the hottest shows on television, The Walt Disney Company has been making magic since 1923, creating unforgettable stories that connect with audiences around the world. And we’re just getting started!
The key to our success…. The Cast, Crew, Imagineers and Employees who honor Disney’s rich legacy by stretching the bounds of imagination to create the never-before-seen, bringing unparalleled entertainment experiences to people of all ages. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world and just imagine the stories you could be part of…
What is #LifeAtDisney like? It’s a series of magical moments with cast members and employees developing and telling our stories in the most innovative ways. Whether it’s a day spent as a Disney VoluntEAR, or celebrating the release of a new interactive experience, retail product or movie, our days are filled with the knowledge that we are creating entertainment experiences the whole family can enjoy.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We’re looking for a dedicated team-player specialist with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrives upon the outstanding legacy of our company yet embraces non-traditional thinking, and who is passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination!
We, the Studio Research & Analytics team, are currently seeking a Data Analyst, support Disney+ Product, Marketing & Content Curation and In-Home Marketing & Distribution groups. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, you will work closely with the Disney+ Product teams, analyzing and synthesizing data, as well as providing support for quantitative and qualitative research initiatives for key partners. The primary areas of responsibility for this role focus on Disney+ Product and Consumer Experience tracking programs.
- Assisting with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research activities including collection and preparation of data, along with extraction and analysis of data from multiple sources to build summaries, tables, and report sections
- Combining disparate data sets using SQL, to assist in the day-to-day operations of the Disney+ customer experience tracking program.
- Partnering with other teams to conduct research at Disney, including communicating project goals, business needs, and timelines in order to efficiently prioritize, innovate, and optimize our datasets
- Building and maintaining relationships with research counterparts within the team and from other divisions of the company as well as external vendors
- Analyze and prepare ongoing and ad hoc reports using quantitative and qualitative data for various groups within the product marketing, engagement, & product strategy of Disney+ and the Disney Streaming Bundle
- Managing assigned projects, implementing quality assurance processes, and report tasks and status to supervisor(s) to ensure completion within established timeframe
- Working with the Sr. Manager and team, ensuring that every result is strategically actionable and drives key decision making
- Collaborating with the team & analytics groups within Snowflake & Databricks
- Maintaining both up-to-date verbal & written knowledge of data elements and requirements
- Responding to critical data requests from internal clients
- Support presentation of findings based on research conducted and contribute to related business discussions
- Be at the forefront of SVOD & In-Home industry trends amidst a constantly evolving landscape
- This role is Hybrid; in-person collaboration from Monday to Thursday, and remote on Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Psychology, Data Sciences, or related field and 3 years of relevant work experience OR Master’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Psychology, Data Sciences, or related field and 1 year of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with SQL, with the ability to extract and combine disparate data sources
- Ability to extract data and combine with other data sources to develop a rich, complete picture for the business
- Strong quantitative reasoning and analytical skills
- Ability to work rapidly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding communication and critical thinking skills as well as being able to create clear and concise visual presentations
- Strong multitasking capabilities and the able to work successfully in an environment of tight timeframes and constant change
- Proficiency in data processing tools (e.g. SPSS, Q, MarketSight)
- Experience with survey tools (e.g. Decipher, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey)
- Experience working with large datasets and big data technologies, preferably cloud-based, such as Snowflake, Databricks, or similar
- Familiarity with R, Python, SAS, STATA or similar programming languages
- Advanced degree in Market Research or Statistics
- Quantitative research background, either supplier-side or client-side
- Experience with analyzing survey data to extract actionable insights
- Experience with subscription-based business models and strategy
What we offer
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $93,400 to $125,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.