December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Project Kitty Hawk is a nonprofit ed-tech startup focused on providing technology and online learning services to UNC System institutions to meet the online education needs of adult learners. Founded in 2022, we are funded by a $97 million grant from the North Carolina General Assembly. We are dedicated to fostering a collaborative environment, committed to providing the highest level of service to North Carolina.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position will support data analytics across the organization and our partner institutions.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data sets to identify potential weaknesses, trends, and opportunities for our organization.
- Support various business units by developing analytics, including but not limited to, quality, service, cost, and satisfaction-related measure development, continuous improvement methods, internal and external program reporting requirements, and project planning
- Work in a cross-functional environment to provide actionable data intelligence that will support the growth and development of our programs and institutions
- Provide support for initiatives using predictive analytics to improve student, faculty, customer, and staff experiences
- Utilizes tools to analyze data sets, with a focus on valuable trends and patterns.
- Develops reports targeted to the audience including visual display of information to assist staff in understanding opportunities for improvement as well as to for critical utilization measures and activities; presents information in venues within the organization as well as to external audiences as required
- Provides support to external partners and serves as an internal resource for questions related to data analysis, data mining, software, sampling, metric development, and use of data visualization tools
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, computer science, or related field or an equivalent of working experience.
- 2-3 Years of previous analytics and/or quantitative work experience, preferably in a Higher Education setting.
- Data analytics and reporting experience required.
- Experience with Quicksight or Tableau.
- Experience with SQL and/or Python.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft products including Excel required; experience analyzing large data sets and creating dashboards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to present complex information effectively with a wide range audience
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and assignments; work independently as well as in a team enviornment; and deal effectively with complex assignments and projects.
What we offer
Project Kitty Hawk offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes full medical/dental/vision coverage, a 401K with match, and a generous time-off policy with paid volunteer time. In addition, we are committed to providing competitive salaries with the potential for performance bonus and remote working flexibility.