About Our Company
We provide power to more than 10 million people and businesses across NYC and Westchester. Reliability and accessibility are central to what we do and how we provide energy service. Leading the industry to power tomorrow is our other focus- we are committed to aggressively transitioning away from fossil fuels to a net-zero economy by 2050. To help achieve this we collaborate with customers, regulators, policymakers, engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure our clean energy future is informed by principles of affordability, equity, and environmental justice. We’re also heavily investing in new technologies and the infrastructure that can get us there.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Provide application support to business users with the Business Application (Work Manager, Field Manager, Asset Manager, Scheduler and the OBIEE Oracle reporting suite) and associated technologies used to support the Company's WMS Infrastructure.
- Work with business users to prepare requirement analysis for implementation of new system's enhancements.
- Develop and maintain system requirements, and works to ensure core user functionality is included in the system design.
- Manages and coordinate system defect resolution within the Business Application throughout the development and production lifecycles.
- Manage vendor relationships, technical interfaces and system functionality between Business Application and associated test utilized by business organizations.
- Manage Business Application configuration and support the configuration management change process.
- Implement recommendations and enhancements to Business Application configuration or performance based on business requirements.
- Lead all forms of functional testing for the Business Application and associated integrations through the system lifecycle.
- Develop SQL queries and analyze data as well as having the ability to reverse engineer SQL Queries.
- Clearly articulate technical issues and concepts to business users, application support and vendors.
- Develop readiness plans for system functionality change and introduction as well as training material.
- Coordinate technical system support to Electric Operations business users as required.
- Function in a leadership capacity in the absence of the Team Lead.
- Provide oversight of contractors performing development and enhancement work on Business Applications.
- High School Diploma/GED and 7 years of relevant work experience is required or
- Associate's Degree and 5 years relevant work experience is required or
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years work experience is required
- Master's Degree and 2 years work experience is preferred
Relevant Work Experience
- 3-5 years Experience working in support of Business Applications for business organizations Required
- Works well independently and as part of a team Required
- Ability to understand project scope and downstream system impacts Required
- Demonstrates a high energy level, an ability to prioritize work, and be able to handle multiple assignments while meeting deadlines Required
- Ability to perform supervisory functions in support of or in the absence of the Team Leader Required
- Experience with SQL with the ability to extract data for analysis Required
- Experience working with users to define, specify, and implement requirements and reports Required
- Experience working on projects Required
- Experience with providing internal or external stakeholders with application support. Required
- Must be able to train and transfer knowledge to peers and subordinates Required
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills Required
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) Required
- Tableau experience Required
- 3-5 years Work experience with electric or gas processes Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
What we offer
$105,000/yr - $135,000/yr