December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Codeword is a hybrid agency that combines content, media relations and thoughtful creativity to build effective communications programs. Our clients trust us to launch their startups, run multi-channel campaigns, grow their user bases, and lead comprehensive PR and marketing initiatives. We're storytellers and brand engineers, and we love big ideas that serve a real purpose.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Business Development Data Analyst will provide specialized support for new business pursuits. The position will partner with members of the Business Development team to define actional insights by applying sophisticated quantitative skills to data sets. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as experience with data mining and data visualization.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collect, clean, and organize data from a variety of sources and provide succinct data analysis while applying a critical eye to detail
- Under general guidance, develop insights that are compelling, actionable and statistically rigorous, identifying trends and anomalies, and triangulating data gaps.
- Develop visuals/infographics that convey findings in a succinct message for presentations and communications to key stake holders.
- Produce organized, consistent and high-quality deliverables.
- Apply sophisticated quantitative skills to data sets to discern and identify trends and patterns in data that could lead to new business opportunities.
- Work with other team members to implement data-driven solutions.
- Ensures gaps or inefficiencies are identified through processes and/or technology to increase efficiency.
- Bring a creative approach to problem solving, innovation, and issue resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you've been able to accomplish
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combined education and work experience
- 3+ years of experience within PR/Communications or Marketing industry a plus
- Experience with data mining, statistical analysis, and data visualization tools
- Experience with Boolean
- Experience with tools like Quid, Talkwalker, Infegy, and Signal AI
- High degree of analytical ability, intellectual curiosity, initiative, sound judgment, and business knowledge
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable learning new technologies, tools and platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
The target range of base salary in all locations within the United States for this role is $64,000 - $78,000 per year. Actual salary is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to business needs, level of responsibility, skill set, level of experience, and geographical location.
- Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous time off including PTO, holidays, annual wellness break, summer Fridays and personal days
- 401k plan including company match and financial wellness support
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all employees
- 22-24 weeks paid parental leave when coupled with Short-term disability
- 2 weeks caregiver leave
- Support with home office equipment
- Bi-annual Wellness Credits
- Monthly Technology Credit (to offset internet / phone costs)
- Community Engagement Days
- Learning and Development Programs for our employees