December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Costco Wholesale is a multibillion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in 11 countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and rapid international expansion, we continue to provide an atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
If you are an ambitious, energetic person who enjoys a fast-paced team environment filled with challenges and opportunities, you've come to the right place. Our successful employees are service-oriented with integrity and commitment toward a common goal of excellence. Costco offers great jobs, great pay, great benefits and a great place to work.
Job Description & Responsibilities
In this position, the Data Analysts are responsible for querying data sources to import and transform private and/or sensitive data requested by InfoSec, which includes generating ad hoc reports. They work closely with various teams within InfoSec to visualize data, measure business outputs, and create adhoc reports.
If you want to be a part of one of the worldwide BEST companies “to work for”, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Identifies and interprets trends, patterns, and correlations among various data points.
- Analyzes data for quality and completeness in accordance with established data governance policy and standards.
- Develops scripts to report and extract data for analysis.
- Designs and creates the data reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Creates data quality control processes to audit extracted lists ensuring data governance is maintained on all processes.
- Performs data profiling and business analysis (logical modeling) to determine the most effective ways to measure and provide data.
- Applies statistical methods and visualization techniques in generating business insights.
- Provides insights as to the best means to analyze and combine multiple data sources to form accurate and meaningful datasets.
- Defines and ensures adherence to new process improvement opportunities.
- Performs testing and validation of data and data sources.
- Applies best practices and data governance to database and reporting solutions.
- Performs data m apping and tracing from system to system in order to solve a given business or system problem.
- Supports initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Provides technical expertise on migration, mining, and cleansing of data.
- Supports and informs data stewards and custodians to ensure quality of master data changes and additions.
- Prepares documentation of relationships, integration, and flow of data.
- Supports tooling for capturing and maintaining metadata elements within repository.
- Identifies and resolves problems, often anticipating issues before they occur or before they grow; develops and evaluates options and implements solutions.
- 1-3 years’ writing SQLs queries, report writing, and presenting findings.
- Data virtualization using Power BI, SQL, VBA Macros.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Detail oriented and possess strong problem solving skills, with the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Strong technical documentation and writing skills.
- Strong communication skills and able to work effectively with all levels of the business and IS.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Responsible, conscientious, and possess a passion for excellence.
- Self motivated and able to work independently, with little supervision.
- Demonstrates an ability to grow technical skills and learn new technologies.
- Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Big Query, Power BI
- Data lake operations
- Scripting (PowerShell, Bash, Google Apps, etc.)
What we offer
Pay Range: $110,000 - $140,000
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, health benefits - medical/dental/vision/hearing aid/pharmacy/behavioral health/employee assistance, health care reimbursement account, dependent care assistance plan, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance, AD&D insurance, life insurance, 401(k), stock purchase plan to eligible employees.