About Our Company
Restaurant Associates (R/A) is recognized as the nation’s premier hospitality company, operating over 160 prestigious locations. Based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Philadelphia and Toronto. R/A is a subsidiary of Compass Group, The Americas Division, the world’s leading foodservice organization.
R/A was recently named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021. Unlike other awards, there is no self-nomination or application process, instead it's entirely based on the feedback our employees have voluntarily and anonymously shared on Glassdoor.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst will mainly support the Financial Planning & Analysis and Data Analytics work streams within the Finance Team. You will partner with Restaurant Associates and Compass’ Site Leadership as well as Google’s Food Service Managers to focus on financial modeling and analysis to outline growth and determine financial opportunities and efficiencies that benefit the food programs overall. You will also support the development and maintenance of the data infrastructure platform and promote effective data validation, data cleansing and data storage practices to enable accurate reporting and provide data for ad hoc analysis projects.
This position reports into the Director of Finance and will leverage their strong financial, business and analytical skills to partner with key stakeholders (culinary, operations, hospitality, concept development, procurement, risk management, and HR), to promote financial best practices in line with Restaurant Associates standards and Food at Google expectations while maintaining enhanced user experience.
The great things you'll do:
- Financial modeling projects to add depth of understanding and accuracy to financial discussions and inform decision-making.
- Maintains and reinforces all financial policies and standards consistently across the account.
- Communicate any financial issues/concerns to the regional team.
- Oversee preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial summary reports to unit management and leadership groups.
- Participate in meetings with site and client leadership teams.
- Create/maintain financial tools for all levels of managers, chefs, leadership and client teams.
- Track weekly, monthly and quarterly financial KPI’s for site leadership and client partners.
- Maintain on a weekly basis the client consolidated financial roll up
- On-going budget support (training, development, questions) for managers and chefs and budget development and review by location with Leadership.
- Assist with financial modeling for proformas for new cafés/programs, new food initiatives and Support Team projects to help determine operating expenses and provide guidance.
- Present information for quarterly business discussions (aka quarter reports) and annual strategic review projects as needed.
- Develop data validation processes to ensure that the data is clean and accurate
- Maintain and develop data infrastructure
- Support ad hoc data analysis projects
What we look for in the perfect candidate:
- 4 year college degree in Business/Accounting and/or 5 years of experience Working in an Analyst capacity
- Strong partnership skills
- Ability to influence in a matrixed organization
- Able to dynamically and creatively problem solve
- Adept at managing multiple client and internal requests and deadlines
- Able to shift priorities for self and team on short notice
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficient in Google Docs products including Sheets, Docs, Slides and GMail
- Basic proficiency in using SQL to interact with databases
- Experience in dashboard design and using data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio / Tableau / Looker etc.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
What we offer
Associates At Restaurant Associates Are Offered Many Fantastic Benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)