December 6, 2023
About Our Company
Voya Financial, Inc. (NYSE: VOYA) is a leading health, wealth and investment company that provides products, solutions and technologies that enable a better financial future for its clients, customers and society. Serving the needs of 14.3 million individual, workplace and institutional clients, Voya has approximately 6,000 employees and had $711 billion in total assets under management and administration as of September 30, 2022.
Certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work® Institute, Voya is purpose-driven and equally committed to conducting business in a way that is socially, environmentally, economically and ethically responsible. Voya has earned recognition as: one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute; a member of the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index; and a “Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion” on the Disability Equality Index.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Please Note: This position allows remote work from home but will require travel to our Voya office as business requires. Candidates must be located within a 100-mile radius from your assigned office.
The Contributions You’ll Make
At Voya, together we fight for everyone’s opportunity for a better financial future, and Internal Audit and Advisory Services support Voya’s vision by providing objective assurance and advisory services on controls that help Voya manage risk and enhance business performance. The Digital Center of Excellence partners with audit teams and other lines of defenses to assess the risks and operational effectiveness of control processes by leveraging analytics and data science techniques. The Data Analyst will focus on identifying key risks across Voya such as reputational risk, fraud risk, operational risk etc. by using analytical methodologies that allow for an in-depth review of business processes, performance, and risk metrics.
The Data Analyst will execute the data analytics projects to deliver actionable insights in support of risk assurance.
- As part of Internal Audit and Advisory Services you will be working to provide risk oversight, objective assurance, and support audit plan through the execution of risk focused analytics
- Contribute to data analytics projects under direction of the Senior Data Analyst and Manager
- Research and identify upcoming and disruptive data science tools and techniques that can be implemented in existing or new use-cases to help enhance risk coverage
- Take initiative by learning new tools and technologies, researching user-cases, and developing analytics proof of concepts
- Review data quality in terms of sparsity, accuracy, and completeness to assess if it could lead to inaccurate inferences or analytics results
- Execute ETL: extract, transform, load, and perform data cleaning and processing, data engineering, modelling, and visualization
- Identify data anomalies and outliers through sophisticated data visualization techniques or by unsupervised learning techniques
- Identify hidden patterns by exploratory data analysis, visualization techniques, or any other descriptive analytics approaches
- Build automated data analytics workflow
- Meet with process and data owners to understand key risk factors, controls, systems, and data sources
- Develop interactive dashboards to highlight risk, identify emerging risk and/or enable auditors to further investigate data
- Document analytical procedures and results in user-friendly format for non-technical consumers
Minimum Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative or business field) with a minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience in Data Analytics, Data Science or Business Intelligence
- Knowledge of Data Science lifecycle: Problem Definition, Business Understanding, Data Sourcing, Data Mining and Exploratory Analysis, Data Cleaning and Preparation, Feature Engineering, Data Modelling, Model Evaluation, Deployment and Maintenance
- Proficiency with analytical coding languages such as R, Python or SAS Base, ACL Scripting etc.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS: Relational Database Management System and experience with writing SQL scripts
- Proficiency using Tableau Desktop to develop maintain and enhance interactive dashboards
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment and under minimal direction
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in or strong understanding of Internal Audit and Financial Industries
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Business Analytics or Computer Science
- Background in one or more of Voya’s core businesses: Retirement, Employee Benefits, Investment Management
- Experience in Audit data analytics or track record of using data analytics techniques to satisfy audit needs, identifying risk or fraud
- Experience with using Tableau Server to maintain dashboards, provision access and schedule data refreshes.
- Experience with creating and testing proof of concept data models on R or Python
- Knowledge of NLP: Natural Language Processing, and web scrapping
- Experience in working with semi-structured or unstructured data
- Proficient in creating tables and views within a SQL database and writing stored procedures to automate ETL.
- Experience with Azure cloud platform, with working knowledge of Azure Data Factory
- Hands-on experience with Databricks to create analytical workflows and communicate with disparate data sources
- Technical Certifications: ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA), IBM Data Science, SAS Data Science, Alteryx certification or Tableau certification.
What we offer
$80,130 - $133,540 USD
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year