February 26, 2024
About Our Company
Edward Jones, a Fortune 500 firm, provides financial services in the U.S. and through its affiliate in Canada. The firm’s nearly 19,000 financial advisors serve more than 8 million clients with a total of $1.7 trillion in client assets under care. Edward Jones’ purpose is to partner for positive impact to improve the lives of its clients and colleagues, and together, better our communities and society.
Through the dedication of the firm’s 50,000 associates and our branch presence in 68 percent of U.S. counties, the firm is committed to helping more people achieve financially what is most important to them.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Come join us in Firm Analytics, where we strive to unleash the full potential of data to address business challenges. As an analyst on our team, you will design, develop, and deliver data stories by applying best in class data manipulation, descriptive statistical analysis, and impactful data visualization techniques. You will combine data from multiple sources to develop innovative analytical solutions to business problems. You will collaborate with business leaders and other team members to develop actionable insights which inform enterprise decision making and influence strategic planning.
Your insights, real outcomes. If you have a passion for data, problem-solving, developing solutions, driving analysis to action and inquiry into innovation, Firm Analytics at Edward Jones may be your next career choice.
- Utilize data manipulation and aggregation techniques, descriptive statistics and/or data visualization methods to design KPIs that measure various firm strategies.
- Query, manipulate and validate data across multiple domains using various database technologies and querying languages.
- Leverage business and analytic acumen to develop prototypes that answer business questions, validate use cases or document understanding of key requirements/stakeholder needs.
- Conduct meaningful descriptive statistical analysis through exploratory analysis to identify correlation among variables, data distributions, quartile rankings and measures of frequency.
- Create data visualizations that simplify complex information in a robust, accurate, and appealing visual story that engages stakeholders and drives them to action.
- Maintain a good understanding of business objectives, key business drivers/strategies/priorities, to inform an analytic approach to address business questions.
- Support presentations to a wide range of audiences with specialized subject matter expertise including finance, compliance, marketing, products, branch development, and technology.
- Apply critical thinking and business knowledge to validate logic and output against known data sources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams responsible for implementing projects in support of divisional and firm-wide business objectives.
- Apply domain expertise to recommend improvement to business processes, while supporting the quantified impact of changes for leadership.
- Maintain a working knowledge of data flows and data sources within relational databases such as Oracle and/or Snowflake.
- 3-5 years of experience in data analytics
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data using at least one data manipulation language (SQL preferred)
- Data visualization experience using a BI tool (Tableau preferred)
- Strong analysis skills, primarily investigating and explaining trends using statistical techniques
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks as well as adjust to changing priorities
- Works effectively in both an independent or team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers in cross-functional settings using verbal and written presentation skills
- Undergraduate/Advanced degree in Mathematics, Sciences, Engineering, Finance, and Information systems
- Experience working with the Salesforce data model and Salesforce Financial Services Cloud
- Experienced in developing data recipes and designing robust data visualizations in CRM Analytics within Salesforce
- Experience using statistical tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, Python, or Dataiku
Candidates that live within in a commutable distance from our Tempe, AZ and St. Louis, MO home office locations are expected to work in the office three days per week, with preference for Tuesday through Thursday.
What we offer
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary Range: $78,795 - $134,163