February 27, 2024
About Our Company
Headquartered in the Philadelphia region, Lincoln Financial Group is a Fortune 500 company offering a diverse range of financial services and solutions. With a strong focus on four core business areas — life insurance, annuities, retirement plan services, and group protection — our business is built around supporting, preserving, and enhancing our customer's lifestyles and providing better retirement outcomes. Led by over 9,000 employees, Lincoln Financial provides the tools and advice to help individuals take charge of their futures.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Business Analytics team is a newly created function under Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in the Corporate Finance department. This team is tasked with shaping the future of how the department interacts with data to gain insight into our financials and make informed data-driven decisions. As a Data Analyst you will be a vital contributor to help drive better data analytics, operation excellence, and decision making. You will be responsible for ensuring accuracy and quality data used for reports, dashboards, KPIs, and presentations.
What You'll Be Doing
- Perform business analysis with technology and business teams to identify data requirements as department needs arise.
- Monitor current data processes for completeness and accuracy.
- Leverage data science tools like Dataiku Data Science Studio, Python/R and Spark(SQL) to develop new or enhance existing analysis that will help drive business decisions.
- Perform analysis of existing processes to improve performance or create efficiencies.
- Research and identify new structured and unstructured data and verify its quality, accuracy and reasonableness.
- Assist with the design of efficient and secure procedures for data management and analysis.
- Propose new solutions to improve the data and technology platform.
- Undertake a variety of ad hoc analytical and/or business projects as needed to support the Finance Department.
Hybrid/Common Days+ : Work 2-3 days a week in a Lincoln office with a designated workspace.
What We’re Looking For
- 3-5+ years of experience with data analysis and standardization. Comfortable accessing, transforming, and preparing large amounts of data.
- Strong hands-on experience with Python and SQL.
- Experience working with business and technical teams to define business and technical metadata (building a data catalog/business glossary).
- Familiarity with Tableau, Power BI or other Business Intelligence software.
- An analytical and curious mindset with problem-solving skills and great attention to detail.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Experience in Financial Reporting or Public Accounting.
- Working knowledge of Alation or another data governance platform (OvalEdge, Collibra, Informantica, etc.).
- Working knowledge of a data quality tool (Bigeye, Soda.io, etc.).
What we offer
What’s in it for YOU:
- A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
- Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
- PTO/parental leave
- Competitive 401K and employee benefits
- Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
- Tuition assistance program
- A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
- Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $65,700 - $118,300
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.