ICF is a global consulting and technology services company with approximately 9,000 employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future.
Our Public Sector Group (PSG) is growing, and we are looking for a talented, highly motivated Senior Business and Data Analyst to join ICF’s Digital Modernization Division. You will be responsible for helping government clients execute their most complex digital transformation projects. You will solve complex technical problems in a fast paced, collaborative, and inclusive delivery environment.
You are a team player and can embrace ambiguity to translate client requirements using an agile delivery framework to deliver technical solutions that achieve mission value and measurable outcomes. You are a strategic problem-solver that has a willingness to learn and grow with our team and be part of our client’s digital transformation journey.
At ICF, we implement smart solutions to drive digital transformation at scale and speed, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to helping them achieve mission outcomes. Join our community of mission-driven project managers, data experts, strategists, and technologists to build agile solutions that meet our clients changing needs.
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive project delivery on Enterprise level Data Management and Analytics projects (that includes Big Data) for external and internal clients
- Lead the translation from client’s strategic vision to a data analytic product design and roadmap. This includes:
- Conduct user research and leverage data to inform the product design
- Lead gathering and or clarifying of data and reporting requirements from business/product owners
- Create product design – this can be development of custom mockups/reports and data visualization products, or draft data/reference models to support data collection/storage.
- Collaborate with clients, project manager and solutions architect to define project objectives and results. This includes prioritization of products/features.
- Identify and support tasks (irrespective of roles) that need to be performed to develop the data analytics product/solution successfully
- Develop data profiling, analysis and documentation based on the client’s data. Includes writing SQL queries.
- Create business and technical requirements for Data Architects, Data Engineers and Data Scientists to implement.
- Partner with Data Architects, Data Engineers and Data Scientists to deliver data analytic products/solutions.
- Perform process and data quality assurance. This includes writing SQL queries, creating test plans and maintaining QA outcomes documentation
- Dive into Data Warehouses/Data Stores to understand what data are where so you can leverage those data using data analytic tools to create reports, dashboards and other analyses.
- Drive user adoption. This includes helping clients market the product, guiding and educating users so they better understand their reporting needs, now and as they evolve over time.
- Explore and implement innovative opportunities to deliver custom solutions to support client needs
- Work independently on business and data analysis tasks.
- Collaborate with all team members as needed to ensure successful project delivery.
What You Must Have
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- 1 or more years’ experience in a Product Strategist or Business Analyst role, and a Data Analyst role using UI mockup/design software tools such as Axshare, Mural, Balsamiq or similar tools, and using administration tools like SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence or similar systems
- 1 or more years’ experience working with general application programming and database concepts including modifying SQL scripts
- 1 or more years’ experience working with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau
- 1 or more years’ experience using the AWS/Azure native cloud services for data
- US Citizen or Permanent Lawful Resident (Green Card Holder) preferred.
- Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust Clearance
What We'd Like You To Have
- Familiarity with the software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
- Ability to work directly with clients and ICF subject matter experts to translate business and data needs into technical requirements.
- Experience conducting and leading interviews to gather and validate requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in a client interaction context and in facilitating large team meetings to drive delivery.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within one or more teams with excellent time management, organizational, and reporting skills.
- 1 or more years’ experience working with statistical tools such as R and Python.
- 1 or more years of working for contracts for the Federal government and/or state and local governments.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
- Comprehensive health benefits