Since 1985, MetroPlusHealth has helped the people of New York City get quality health care at little to no cost. MetroPlusHealth is the plan of choice for over 712,000 New Yorkers, and its commercial and government-sponsored plans meet the needs of individuals, families, and workforces. The MetroPlusHealth staff speaks more than 40 languages and is as diverse as the great City it serves. MetroPlusHealth is part of NYC Health + Hospitals, the nation's largest public health system.
The Business Data Analyst will be part of a high-performance team focused on driving innovation, modernizing data and reporting to help the Customer Success Department understand opportunities where data solutions can support the business objectives, improve process efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity to achieve high customer retention rates while proactively identifying/addressing potential member dissatisfiers. The business data analyst will also hold themself accountable for the accuracy, completeness, quality, and relevance of deliverables to own responsibility for work product and consider these factors in the end-to-end analytical process, from data gathering to analysis to formatting and presentation.
This person must be a strong critical thinker with a problem-solving aptitude. Incumbent must also possess the ability to take/lead initiatives.
- Develop complex analyses requiring the integration of multiple data sources, evaluation of data quality, and standardization of data to a consistent format/structure to support key strategic decisions to yield high customer retention rates.
- Create advance queries and reports that extract data to support business team’s needs
- Suggest improvements on front-end data collection practices for required analyses.
- Create, manage, and maintain BI and Reporting solutions
- Develop, enhance, and support reporting applications (e.g., reports, dashboards, data visualizations,) in support of optimal productivity and high performance of the Customer Success Department.
- Measure and analyze incoming issues to determine root cause and develop technical and training solutions to minimize recurrence.
- Exhibit collaborative attitude, willingness to work with others on data projects that includes working team(s) made of cross departmental/interdisciplinary users
- Operate with intellectual curiosity and critically assess existing processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure knowledge transfer to operational staff by assisting with documentation and training needs.
- Identify opportunities for data-driven solutions
- Recommend opportunities to streamline processes and introduce automation based on data and existing workflows
- Foster a solid working relationship with operational staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Sciences, Engineering, Business Analytics, Informatics, or similar concentration
- 4-7 years’ experience in advance analytics, delivering actionable insights from data, database, and big data analytics environments.
- Working experience exhibiting strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills that include creating pivot tables, macros, utilizing v/h lookups, and VBA
- Familiarity with writing SQL queries, from analyzing data and establishing business rules and requirements
- Familiarity with relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Familiarity with data models and/or data modelling
- Familiarity with building data visualizations using Power BI/Tableau
- Familiarity with healthcare data, managed care preferred
- Ability to understand the data lifecycle within the organization and its impact on the business
- Integrity and trust
- Customer Experience Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem-solving skills
- Work experience requiring meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment