Equitable is one of America’s leading financial services companies. Founded originally in 1859*, the company’s mission is to help clients secure their financial well-being with advice, protection and retirement strategies for individuals, families and small businesses.
Responsibilities of the Data Analyst include:
- Primary responsibility is to create and enhance data products for all finance consumers such as business users, analysts, and modelers.
- Provide thoughtful analysis of Business requirements through data mining, data quality checks, and data validation of raw data elements for the required enhancements for data product design.
- Work directly with a team of Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Business Stakeholders to assemble data from various sources, develop process workflow and automation to pipeline data for downstream analysis and consumption by financial and accounting models and/or other related downstream Business Stakeholder or use cases.
- Evaluate highly complex business problems and provide subject matter knowledge proficiency for technology initiatives
- Administer and generate distribution metrics of data when providing to Business Stakeholders with use case specific and test-datasets to communicate the accuracy of a Business Stakeholder's request and to monitor the improve the quality of data.
Should be able to explore data to find its meaning and relationship to solving business problems:
- Document technical and business definitions and document data lineage of automation process.
- Work with peer technical personnel, members of the Data Analytics team, and our business partners to assemble data from various sources into datasets to analyze the information to solve business problems and improve business efficiency.
- Support technical and business testing as a member of development project teams. Test data products to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Administer and generate metrics on data when delivering on Stakeholder requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree with formal education background in one of the following areas
2+ years of experience in a Business Analyst or Data Analyst role
2+ years of experience working with large datasets with SQL knowledge
1+ year of experience in Insurance or Finance institution
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal and team-based skills. Significant experience collaborating with IT administrators and business stakeholders
- Experience with development, automation, or documentation of a scheduled or repeatable designed process.
- Relevant IT or other technical experience in data analysis/mapping, logical and physical data modeling.
Relevant experience in at least one of the following areas are desired:
- Connecting, wrangling, and cleaning data from Hadoop databases using HQL, Impala, Python, R, or other tools to make data consumable for Stakeholder consumption. Can automate and document processes to make them repeatable.
The base salary range for this position is $85,000 - $110,000. Actual base salaries vary based on skills, experience, and geographical location. In addition to base pay, Equitable provides compensation to reward performance with base salary increases, spot bonuses, and short-term incentive compensation opportunities. Eligibility for these programs depends on level and functional area of responsibility.
For eligible employees, Equitable provides a full range of benefits. This includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Equitable Pay and Benefits: Equitable Total Rewards Program