February 22, 2024
About Our Company
Arvest Bank is a community-based financial institution serving more than 110 communities in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Established in 1961, Arvest Bank is committed to meeting the needs of its retail and business customer households by continually investing in the digital tools and services customers expect. Its extensive network of more than 200 banking locations provides loans, deposits, treasury management, credit cards, mortgage loans and mortgage servicing as a part of its growing list of digital services. Arvest is known for its commitment to the communities it serves and to attracting, hiring and retaining a diverse group of talented people
Job Description & Responsibilities
Position is based at 7300 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS, however, incumbent can be located anywhere within the Arvest 4 State Footprint (AR, KS, MO, OK).
Consumer Lending Or Small Business Lending Experience Preferred.
SUMMARY: An experienced data analyst supporting and refining advanced analytical and descriptive reports to drive business outcomes and customer experience. The incumbent will possess analytical skills and be able to interpret complex data from a variety of sources for analysis and decision making with a strong background in structured query language (SQL). The role will be primarily responsible for supporting business analytics and reporting initiatives of the corresponding division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Gathers and analyzes data; assesses data validity and usability, and synthesizes data into analytics datasets to support key initiatives.
- Utilizes data discovery, diagnostic, descriptive analytics and data mining techniques to analyze data; reviews data results to ensure accuracy; and prepares results and observations.
- Demonstrates proven SQL techniques for producing datasets, views, and data mining. Continually improves data management methods; proactively suggests opportunities to avoid problems and anticipate future data needs.
- Supports various mathematical, statistical, and simulation techniques to answer business questions within specific areas of focus.
- Codes, tests and maintains reports and dashboards; identifies trends, patterns, and discrepancies in data; and determines additional data needed to support insight.
- Presents findings and observations to team for development of recommendations.
- Applies data visualization techniques to create dashboards and reports to summarize various datasets and/or identify trends and patterns; continually update and maintain the dashboards and reports.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company’s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Econometrics or related field.
- 2 years of combined experience in statistical programming language, structured query language and relational databases required.
- 2 years of customer or business analytics required.
- Experience in data discovery, data modeling, ETL and data cleansing required.
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau) preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to arrive at work on time, work on site and have regular work attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other co-workers regardless of personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to provide cordial customer service regardless of customer personality, presence or communication style
- Must be able to perform several tasks at once
- Must be able to work in a stressful atmosphere
- Must be able to rotate job tasks
- Must be able to greet others cordially
- Must be able to coordinate multiple and changing priorities
- Must be able to verbally communicate with all other associates
- Must be able to operate telephone, scanner, copier and FAX machines
- Must be able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
- Must be able to move from department, division, or bank to department, division, or bank to attend meetings
- Must be able to operate personal computer keyboard in order to create reports, schedules and other appropriate documentation
- Works closely with data management (DBAs), business analysts, and data science teams to capture and analyze relevant data.
- Partners with business subject matter experts to understand business assigned initiative and tailor analysis to validate assumptions and modify simulations and approach to meet needs.
What we offer
Pay Range: $102770 - $122037 per year