December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Advancing the health of individuals and communities by providing leadership, representation, and service to health providers and systems across the entire continuum of care.
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is proud to be the only association that represents and advocates on behalf of all New York's hospitals and health systems at all levels of the federal and state government. HANYS has access to policy leaders, regardless of their political affiliation, and is an integral player in health policy discussions.
Based just outside Albany, New York, HANYS also communicates the members' concerns and positions to New York and national media in support of the Association's legislative and regulatory initiatives.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a Data Analyst within its Economics, Finance and Information team. Reporting into the Director of Data Informatics, this position will be responsible in analyzing healthcare data to assist in the creation of economic and financial models to help advance HANYS policy advocacy and operational goals.
Key Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Analyze and visualize healthcare data to develop healthcare economic and financial models that help advance HANYS’ policy, advocacy, and operational goals.
- Use Alteryx/SQL/SAS regularly for data preparation and analysis.
- Use Tableau regularly and other techniques to visualize data and analysis results in an aesthetic manner to discover new insights and to communicate complex information to internal/external stakeholders.
- Coordinate analyses and reviews with divisional VP and Director of Data Informatics to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources and maintain open communications. Interacts with EFI staff to work collaboratively on creative problem solving and clarify project specifications.
- Support development of member-specific and public facing analytic work.
- Participate in analysis of member surveys on various topics.
- Develop working knowledge of HANYS’ key state and federal policy issues that support analytic builds and presentation of results.
- Develop working knowledge of HANYS’ membership that support analytic builds and presentation of results.
- Analyzes internal data to assist in data driven organizational improvements and efficiencies.
- Self-check and cross-check all work product for high quality and integrity. Troubleshoots data/analytic discrepancies when identified.
- Assure adherence to policies and procedures of HANYS’ internal Data Governance, IS Security, and IS Governance committees.
- Follow procedures and maintains documentation on completed projects for reference on future projects.
- Advance and maintain analytic skills through training and practice.
- Provide exceptional customer service to HANYS members, HANYS staff, and other partners
Our ideal candidate will have a professionalism with skills in communication as well as the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision, to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and make substantive contributions to division and organization excellence.
What we offer
A remote working environment maybe considered within the United States. The salary for this position is expected to be between $60,000 and $65,000 annually.