December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Parade is the leading capacity management platform for freight brokerages. Parade integrates with all of your existing tools and manages carrier relationships, availability, and pricing. Top freight brokerages build dedicated digital capacity and book more loads using Parade.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Parade is revolutionizing the logistics space by tackling its most pressing problems. We use advanced automation, AI, and machine learning to make freight more efficient and transparent. With a steady stream of new products, we're always at the cutting edge, addressing the future needs of freight. Since our breakthrough Series A funding in early 2022, we have rapidly scaled and recently secured an additional $17M in venture funding, fueling our growth and our commitment to driving the future of logistics. Join us in crafting groundbreaking solutions and influencing the future of logistics!
- Design, develop, and execute SQL queries to retrieve, analyze, and report data for all departments within Parade.
- Collaborate with various teams to identify data needs and translate business questions into actionable insights.
- Support customer inquiries by writing complex SQL queries which allow for actionable insight to support better adoption of Parade's platform.
- Generate comprehensive reports and dashboards that track key performance indicators, helping to drive strategic decisions across the organization.
- Continuously monitor data quality and integrity, troubleshooting any discrepancies and ensuring data accuracy.
- Analyze complex datasets to uncover trends, patterns, and actionable insights that will assist in optimizing business processes and strategies.
What Success Would Look Like in Your First Few Months
- In your first 30 days, you'll integrate with the Product and CX departments to become their go-to resource for data retrieval and insights, leading to streamlined operations.
- In the first 60 days, you'll identify and optimize two significant data-driven opportunities that accelerate business growth.
- In your first 90 days, you'll increase data accessibility and transparency by developing repeatable SQL queries that allow teams to independently grab data for frequently requested information.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience with SQL, including writing complex queries and working with large datasets.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Metabase, Tableau, or similar platforms.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- High preference for prior experience in a freight tech or logistics environment.
- Experience querying data using BigQuery.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tools such as Python or R.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead data-driven projects from inception to completion with minimal supervision.
- A deep curiosity and passion for uncovering insights from data and a keen business acumen.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and compensation package with full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan to help you save for the future
- UNLIMITED Paid Time Off - and we want you to use it!
- 100% Remote
- Company Offsites to get to know your teammates
The expected on-target compensation for this role is between $90k-$120k for work performed in the United States. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include experience level, transferrable skills, education, location, business needs, training, and market demands. This range may be modified in the future.