December 4, 2023
About Our Company
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Data Analysts transform data into information that can be utilized to make business decisions and actions. This role involves acquiring data from other sources, creating reports on a regular basis, correcting any issues, and ensuring that databases remain error-free and organized. This job is well-suited to people who are organized, have strong mathematical abilities, and work well as part of a team. With strong attention to detail and a creative mind, you will drive success by working with a strongly committed and collaborative team that is laser-focused on making a difference to the teams that we work with.
The Main Responsibilities
- Gather data from primary or secondary sources, which you maintain using organized data systems
- Interpret data using statistical techniques to interpret the results from the data you acquired so that you can use the information to create regular reports
- Develop databases using data collection systems and analytical techniques, or other strategies to optimize the statistical efficiency and quality of the data you work with. This includes filtering and cleaning the data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to correct any anomalies
- Identify and interpret any patterns or useful trends in complex data sets.
- Partner with management to prioritize business needs and stay up to date with the goals of the organization as they evolve and work with other departments to find new opportunities for improvement
- Defines and provides data evidence to support business cases and quantify business opportunities for optimization
- Executes different data analytics to ensure the completeness, quality, and consistency of data used for analytics across systems.
- Learn new tools and software and leverage them to develop a thoughtful, analytical insights
What We Look For In a Candidate
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education with a total of 5+ years of experience and relevant 3+ years as a Data Analyst
Analytical thinking –
- Analyze, interpret, and visualize the data for consumption of different roles and groups.
- Spot trends and anomalies within statistical data, including using reporting and statistics tools.
Computer skills –
- Work with various software packages, from reporting tools to statistical applications, and was able to quickly pick up new computer programs and use them efficiently.
- Experience working with different databases like Oracle, MySql, etc developing complex queries for data processing, transformation, and analysis
- Expertise in Python for machine learning, data cleanup, visualization, and data processing algorithms.
- Statistical and analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL)
- Reporting and publishing tools (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, Teams)
- Ability to create dashboards to provide visibility, help identify data accuracy issues, and provide insights into trends.
- Report writing skills – have experience with preparing reports for multiple levels of the organization using different software tools and packages.
Mathematics skills – good understanding of basic accounting/financial practices, statistical analysis techniques, capacity planning strategies, forecasting algorithms, and other similar math skills
Organization skills – the ability to stay organized while working in a dynamic environment where numerous projects occur at the same time is a must.
Team collaboration – strong communication and interpersonal skills are needed to work as part of a team, coordinating closely with other departments within a company.
- Telecommunications or Technology industry experience
- Experience with Splunk is a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and SAFe process
What we offer
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing.