February 26, 2024
About Our Company
We empower consumers and businesses to easily manage their financial lives. Bank, borrow, invest & plan – do it all with Axos.
Our exceptional team has been the secret to our success over the years. Our team members combine a strong sense of individual purpose with a commitment to the shared success of our business. In our entrepreneurial, data-driven culture, we reward team members based on their achievements. We emphasize independence, goal-setting, and personal accountability.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Compliance team works to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, which enables the bank to operate successfully and to continue the bank’s growth and innovation in a highly regulated environment. Consistent with its expertise, Compliance also leads the CRA, Fair Lending, Training, and Policy development at the bank. The Compliance division is a small, nimble group of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) that provides sound guidance to Business Units in support of the Unit’s growth and innovation objectives.
- Work to clearly define scalable business requirements with GRC teams (Bank Secrecy Act, Compliance, and Enterprise Risk Management) to design and implement reporting and analytics for monitoring, audit, and data collection requests
- Analyze and leverage high-volume data to identify relationships, trends, and exceptions
- Troubleshoot data quality and technology issues, debug code and optimize queries
- Perform risk and regulatory related special projects and assignments, as directed
- Identify and execute enhancement and automation opportunities for business unit processes
- 3+ years of Python and/or R experience or demonstrably equivalent skill (specifically custom automation, integration with SQL, data analysis and/or AI/ML libraries)
- 1+ year of data visualization (Tableau or Power BI) experience or demonstrably equivalent skill (specifically building dashboards and high impact visualizations)
- 1+ year of SQL experience or demonstrably equivalent skill (specifically developing and optimizing queries, customizing to specific requirements, and analyzing data)
- Financial services background with understanding of core banking products and familiarity with compliance practices
- Workflow development tools in an Agile environment (ServiceNow, Azure and/or Jira)
- Familiarity with systems development processes such as UAT testing and data validation
- Familiarity with data warehouse concepts and Oracle database best practices.
- Familiarity with advanced modelling concepts and validation
What we offer
Axos Employee Benefits Include
- Compensation for this position includes a Semi-Annual Bonus Plan
- 3 weeks’ Vacation, Sick leave, and Holidays (about 11 a year); Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and more
- HSA or FSA account and other voluntary benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan with Employer Match Program and 529 Savings Plan
- Employee Mortgage Loan Program and free access to Self-Directed Trading