At State Street, we partner with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing. Whether you are an asset manager, asset owner, alternative asset manager, insurance company, pension fund or official institution, you can rely on us to be focused on your challenges. We are committed to doing what it takes to help you perform better — now and in the future.
We are looking for Integrated Audit Data Analyst, Officer to join the Corporate Audit Team. Corporate Audit conducts internal audits of all of State Street’s business lines, including Investment Services, Global Markets, Global Advisors, and corporate functions. In this position, you will play a data specialist role as part of dynamic and cross functional teams responsible for the execution of individual audit engagements. In this role, you will work under the direction of audit project lead to support the execution of the audit through the use of data analytics. This will require both audit skills, as well as an understanding of data analytics, to allow the auditor to interface with business partners, execute control design assessments and operational effectiveness testing, developing audit test conclusions and drafting summary observations. The Integrated Data Analyst will partner with both the Data Analytics team and the business audit team to design data-driven test approaches in audit projects. You will also work with the business audit teams to analyze the results of data analytic control tests to identify potential control weaknesses. You will also play a role in the onboarding and coaching of junior staff and support various departmental initiatives. This role is based out of Boston, MA, USA.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability; regulators rely upon us to provide assurance that the bank operates in a manner that is compliant with key banking regulations to properly manage risks to the company and the global financial systems. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role, you will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As an Integrated Data Analyst, Officer you will:
- Leverage data analytics skills to perform audit work in line with the Division’s risk-based methodology and the Institute of Internal Auditor’s standards to identify and understand risk; determine control objectives; and evaluate whether controls sufficiently address identified risks through various data analysis techniques.
- Serve as a conduit between the Business Audit Team and the Data Analytics Team to ensure an understanding of business processes and data analytics capabilities, to drive better data analytics outcomes, including the establishment of repeatable data analytics/continuous auditing use cases.
- Obtain and analyze evidentiary data as a basis for drafting informed and objective opinions on the adequacy and effectives of controls under review. This may include previously-identified data analytics approaches; however the Integrated Data Analyst will be expected to leverage their data analytics knowledge to partner with the central Data Analytics team and the business audit team to design enhanced analytics approaches.
- Draft audit issues that clearly outline the identified issue and underlying root cause, using data analysis to support conclusions and inferences regarding risk of findings.
- Review corrective actions taken by management to improve deficient conditions.
- Escalate potential issues / obstacles to audit management along with proposed solutions.
- Develop and maintain understanding of internal State Street products and processes, relevant industry and regulatory topics, and data analytics best practices.
- Develop an understanding of State Street data constructs, systems, and processes, to better position the team for more effective data analytics-based auditing.
- Develop relationships with audit clients and business partners across the lines of defense; serve as the primary audit contact for assigned area in individual audit engagements.
- Contribute to change initiatives through active participation in working groups and adoption of practices in day-to-day responsibilities.
- Share successes and challenges with peer Integrated Data Analysts and the Data Analytics Team to increase the future success of the Data Analytics program.
- Assist in the onboarding of audit staff, and the coaching of business auditors in the use of data analytics.
What We Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- The ability to operate in a complex, non-routine and fast-paced environment that requires working independently and as part of a team.
- Strong technical ability in data analysis and control testing
- Ability to clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating business processes, identifying inherent risk and testing associated internal controls.
- A high degree of professionalism and proficient organizational, analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in Public Accounting, Internal Auditing, or financial services experience.
- Professional experience and/or a degree in related to the use of data analytics.
- Technical data analytics skills, including the use of SQL, Python, R, Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx, and other analytics and automation tools.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable in finance, accounting or related field.
- Advanced degree or certification (CFA, FRM, CPA, CIA) preferred.
- Experience in auditing information technology general controls.
While majority of the time you will work from your primary location, some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates.
$65,000 - $102,500 Annual