December 2, 2023
About Our Company
At Shipwell, we empower supply chain efficiency and service effectiveness at scale. The Shipwell platform includes capabilities previously out of most shippers' technical reach and affordability today. Our solution combines everything shippers need, from transportation management and visibility to procurement, in a comprehensive, easy-to-use platform. It will adapt and scale as market and business demands change, allowing shippers to operate, manage, and optimize the shipping process seamlessly. Industry experts have recognized Shipwell's traction in the market and have differentiated Shipwell as a leader in the logistics industry. Awards include Gartner Magic Quadrant for TMS 2023, 2022, 2021, Food Logistics’ 2022 Top Software & Technology Providers, and FreightWaves’ FreightTech 2022 and 2021 Awards for Innovation and Disruption in Freight Industry. Shipwell was also named the fourth fastest-growing company in North America on the 2021 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and Forbes 2020 Next Billion-Dollar Startup.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Data Platform Engineer at Shipwell, you will be a strong customer-focused innovator looking for an opportunity to automate and simplify a highly fragmented and antiquated industry. In this role, you will gain an intimate knowledge of our shipper, 3PL/broker, and carrier customers and their processes.
What you'll do when you get here:
- Collaborate closely with different teams inside Shipwell: Customer, Marketing, Product analytics, Revenue Analytics, Infrastructure
- Looker, DBT, and SQL models and document all decisions, data flow, and security policies
- Monitor BI infrastructure and provide insights about usage, content activity, user activity, Looker performance)
- Implement best analytical practices and create modern data platform (Fivetran + Snowflake + DBT + Airflow + Looker)
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with different teams within the data team
- Opportunity to expand your skill set and take part in projects at the forefront of GenAI, ML, and AI in the logistics industry
What we're looking for:
- Experience designing and implementing data models and BI reports in a cloud environment (we use AWS, Snowflake, and Looker)
- Proven track record of success in building a modern data foundation with DBT and LookML
- Demonstrable proficiency in at least one common programming language. You should know SQL pretty well, and most of our data engineering stack is in python.
- Worked with large-scale data model refactoring for better performance and maintainability
- Experience with version control tools (GitHub, GitLab)
- Bachelor's Degree in quantitative field such Physics, Engineering, or computer science, or demonstrated equivalent quantitative experience.
What we offer
- 401k plan (including match)
- Competitive salary and equity opportunity
- Office in Austin, TX, or 100% remote
- Health, vision, dental, teladoc, HSA, FSA, and life insurance
- Team building events
- Friendly, talented, and inclusive company culture
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast-growing company
- Subsidized wifi, cell phone, and educational reimbursements
- Receive a technology package including a MacBook Pro
Here at Shipwell, we are a Remote Forward company. You have the opportunity to work within the Austin, TX office or you can choose to be fully remote.
The Salary Range for this role is between $90,000 - $130,000 based on Years of Experience, Skillset, and Location.