ICF is a global consulting and technology services company with approximately 9,000 employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future.
ICF’s Digital Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology practice, seeking a motivated Data Analyst to join our team. The successful candidate will be someone who enjoys collaborating with clients and wants to help deliver an enhanced data reporting experience. The Data Analyst will work closely with our clients to first define what their specific needs are and then to help build those custom data analytic and reporting solutions.
At ICF, we implement smart solutions to drive digital transformation at scale and speed, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to helping them achieve mission outcomes. Join our community of mission-driven project managers, data experts, strategists, and technologists to build agile solutions that meet our clients changing needs. ICF is a Primary Partner in the federal space and one of the largest federally focused Appian firms with a deep center of excellence, with solid best practices. Come work and learn with us!
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with government stakeholders to understand business requirements.
- Understanding, defining, and expediting client requirements.
- Listening to what is being requested, applying your knowledge to help frame what can and should be done so each reporting effort fully meets client requirements and can be developed efficiently and at scale.
- Knowledge sharing through documentation as well as presenting findings during team meetings.
- Communicating effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Developing strong understanding of client’s mission, organization, and technology landscape to better understand how ICF can most effectively identify and address enterprise needs.
What You Must Have
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited institution.
- US Citizenship or Green Card. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust due to Government Contract requirements.
- 5+ years of experience in a business or data analyst role utilizing Excel expertise to ensure data integrity and report quality.
- 2+ years of experience working with databases and BI tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Quick learning and excellent team player abilities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong technical background, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Coaching mentality, highly collaborative and a growth mindset
- Ability to influence and achieve results through effective negotiation and problem solving.
What We'd Like You To Have
- 2+ years of recent work experience on a software development project in a federal government setting
- 2+ years of experience with Agile Framework
- Ability to define, document, and lead implementation of business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
- Experience using software tools like SharePoint, JIRA, or similar systems.
- Experience maintaining and rapidly producing regular reporting deliverables for a variety of audiences.
- Experience with data-driven storytelling built using enhanced data presentment and data visualization techniques.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
Salary Range: $75,157.00 - $127,767.00
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program