February 22, 2024
About Our Company
As an integrated design firm, we do a lot of things. But at our core, we help people continuously flourish.
We leverage the heart, passion and intelligence of our more than 1,000 creative thinkers to develop solutions for some of the greatest challenges facing our clients and society. Whether designing for equity in education, accessible healthcare, inclusive communities, new scientiﬁc discoveries or the “next big idea” in business, we partner with organizations to help them improve human life.
We do this through a design approach we created called Living-Centered Design. Our approach realizes that to create a world where people continuously flourish, we must address the complex interdependencies that exist between people, businesses, communities, society and the environment.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Blue Cottage of CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst & Visualizer. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
The ideal candidate enjoys working with data, is comfortable performing complex analysis and translating data into actionable insights that inform strategy and design. You are a whiz at creating engaging visualizations and dashboards that tell a concise story. You are a collaborative team player looking to advance our capabilities and develop new products, tools, models, and services.
What You Will Do
- Format and transfer data to render it appropriate for analysis
- Analyze large, complex datasets and identify meaningful patterns that lead to actionable insights and recommendations
- Perform statistical modeling, build predictive models and leverage machine learning algorithms
- Perform thorough testing and validation of models, and support various aspects of the business with data analytics
- Create new tools and frameworks to collect data, and seek opportunities to improve data analysis and visualization
- Support the development of decision-support tools and products, including dashboards and interactive visualizations
- Support clear, compelling analysis and data visualization, including figures, reports and presentations
- Collaborate across Blue Cottage teams to drive value and impactful solutions
- Support in project documentation, research briefs, meeting materials, analysis, graphics, best practice presentations, benchmark info and interim and final deliverables as needed
- Foster a commitment to excellence in service delivery and continuous improvement
- Achieve utilization targets commensurate with your role and level
About Your Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or above in Data Analytics, Data Science, Business, Engineering, or related
- Work experience in Data Science, Business Analytics, or Data Visualization preferred
- Background in healthcare, education, science & technology, and/or commercial a plus
- Quantitative strengths in the creation of detailed analytical models using Excel advanced functions and various tools are a must
- Experience using R, SQL and Python
- Experience using Tableau, Power BI, or equivalent tools required
- Advanced Excel skills with proficiency in PowerPoint and wizardry in visualization of data in any sort is required
- Experience with application platforms such as Shinyapps is a plus
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $ $45,600 to $57,000 annually. This salary range is the range we believe is the anticipated range of possible base compensation at the timing of the posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the anticipated salary range for the position. Employees may be eligible for discretionary bonuses. We offer a full benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage and flexible spending account options and voluntary insurances. We have paid time off, flex-time summer hours, remote work options and a 401k plan and employee perk programs. For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/. Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
About Working Here
- We are a start-up culture in an established firm: nimble, energetic, innovative and fun
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you