McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice, operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Delivers and maintains high-quality data reports and visualizations.
Essential Job Functions / Principal Accountabilities
- Collaborates with business partners to identify areas in which business intelligence efforts can add business value and delivers high-quality data visualization solutions.
- Interacts with relevant internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements for providing personalized data information.
- Analyzes data using the latest analytics and business intelligence techniques.
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in complex datasets to enable business to make data-driven decisions.
- Implements tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau) that help data consumers extract, analyze, and visualize data faster through efficient data pipelines.
- Helps the business define KPI rules and harmonize and reliably-track KPIs across the organization.
- Automates reports to improve efficiency and builds real-time refreshing reports to provide timely insights to businesses.
- Mentor business partners on how to utilize dashboard reports and makes improvements to increase readability and usability.
Minimum Skills And Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a such as Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, or related fields.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience accessing and working with large data sources/models (e.g., Redshift, Alteryx, SQL).
- Technical expertise in database development, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Experience with cloud technology (e.g., AWS).
- Knowledge of BI tooling (e.g., Tableau, Power BI).
- Strong analysis and pattern recognition skills, as well as synthesis skills, to be able to streamline work.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to communicate effectively with multiple manager layers and across a broad base of team members.
- Strongly adhere to agile methodology (strong focus on MVP vs. polished products, very focused on sprint timelines, mostly interacts in person, always flexible on reprioritization / adjusting to changes in scope or timelines).
Pay And Benefits
The pay range for this position is $70k to $80k based on qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible to participate in the annual incentive plan with a target incentive of 10% of your base annual salary. Full-time employees are offered benefits including health/RX, dental and vision insurance; flexible and health spending accounts (FSA/HSA); short and long-term disability coverage, supplemental life insurance; 401(k); paid time off and holiday pay for Company designated holidays.