February 26, 2024
About Our Company
Connecting millions of people to the energy they use every day, while continually seeking ways to make the energy system clean, fair, and affordable.
National Grid lies at the heart of a transforming energy system. Our business areas play a vital role in connecting millions of people to the energy they use, while continually seeking ways to make the energy system cleaner. National Grid Ventures and National Grid Partners also enable innovations to help revolutionise and decarbonise the future of energy.
Job Description & Responsibilities
In this role you will manage the reporting on all of the blanket capital work for both distribution and transmission businesses within NE Electric. This role is highly visible across operations, contract management, investment planning, and senior leadership. You will be in the position to provide value, influence outcomes, build a strong, broad and senior network. Working with the Director of Program Management, this position will offer opportunities to present to senior stakeholders across the organization.
- Develop reporting and dashboards that highlight our blanket capital spend for NE Electric
- Work with operations directors and managers to understand spend and trends within their regional territories
- Facilitate meetings and, compile meeting documents and reports with analysis and recommendations.
- Develop and produce Business Object reports and SAP queries as required.
- Analyze capital spending, trends, and variances and update forecasts; implement corrective actions as needed
- Attend and contribute to Capital Review Meetings and Blanket Specific Meetings as required.
- Develop metrics to communicate portfolio progress and key milestones
- Effectively support other Program Managers and any process improvement initiatives as required.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex business and technical matters effectively at all levels.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree in business, finance/accounting, engineering, or similar discipline.
- Proven strong analytical skills and ability to work independently and in groups to achieve objectives.
- Basic knowledge of budgets, project schedules, project estimating, or resourcing.
- Must possess strong computer skills and the ability to analyze data and prepare concise presentations.
- Knowledge of Power BI reporting and dashboard creation
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge of electric delivery systems and equipment application is a plus.
- Excellent and proactive communication skills
- Attention to detail and experience with data collection, manipulation and reporting
- Sense of urgency to drive and deliver outcomes
- Flexible and adaptable as priorities change; able to execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Resourceful with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prepare and conduct quality presentations to a wide audience
- Driven to succeed independently as well as in a team-based environment
- An understanding of the role and value of program management in successful program delivery
What we offer
$71,000 - $85,000 a year