The University of Southern California is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles, the capital of the Pacific Rim.
The Department of Family Medicine of the Keck School of Medicine of USC provides care for every member of the family, across generations and over lifetimes. We aim to enhance the quality of life for underserved and vulnerable patients, while educating future generations of highly skilled, compassionate family physicians and physician assistants. Our goal is to combine education, patient advocacy, and evidence-based research to advance family medicine.
The Department of Family Medicine is seeking a thoughtful, self-motivated, data analysis expert with solid organizational and interpersonal skills to join its administrative team. The best candidate will be a detail oriented, self-starter who can manage multiple assignments simultaneously while collaborating with leaders across the department.
Core job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Business Data Analyst will report to the Senior Clinical Department Administrative Director and will advise and support department division leaders on data needs in their units
- Will be responsible for familiarizing themselves with the data that is available from a variety of sources to describe financial performance, human resource activity, clinical productivity, faculty and staff job achievements, scholarly accomplishments, research productivity, and new areas as needed
- Will suggest appropriate measures and develop data access plans
- Will provide data analysis where needed and assist with interpretation of the results
- Will prepare report templates for others to complete and will personally prepare some reports
- Will establish a calendar for dashboard updates for the Department Chair and the leadership team
Skills & Qualifications
- Directly related experience in business data analysis is required
- Experience in a clinical training environment with knowledge of medical records, clinical data, and university systems and procedures is preferred
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to protecting data confidentiality and ability to practice discretion
- A results-oriented focus
- Ability to anticipate potential challenges and be proactive in formulating solutions
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive issues and meet strict deadlines
Required Application Documents : Cover Letter and CV/Resume
The annual base salary range for this position is $78,540 – $86,930