About Our Company
UDR, Inc. (NYSE:UDR), an S&P 500 company, is a leading multifamily real estate investment trust with a demonstrated performance history of delivering superior and dependable returns by successfully managing, buying, selling, developing and redeveloping attractive real estate properties in targeted U.S. markets. As of December 31, 2016, UDR owned or had an ownership position in 49,907 apartment homes including 3,604 homes under development or in preferred equity investments. For over 45 years, UDR has delivered long-term value to shareholders, the best standard of service to residents and the highest quality experience for associates.
Job Description & Responsibilities
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Focused on supporting the company’s operational intelligence through portfolio analysis, market related research, in addition to being accountable for the development and maintenance of reporting tools. Position will provide a combination of financial analysis, industry and market research and business intelligence. Will assist Director – Analytics and Innovation, Vice President - FP&A, and Vice President - Property Operations, with specific operations projects to maximize efficiencies of the Company’s nationwide portfolio of multi-family properties.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Director – Analytics and Innovation
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
- Create actionable operational insights by leveraging our large and growing pool of data.
- Build models and forecasts drawing from multiple data types.
- Provide regular reporting and ad-hoc analysis to support the Sales and Marketing Teams.
- Analyze and support the annual corporate budgeting process.
- Work specifically on special projects and new initiatives to find inefficiencies and increase NOI as outlined and directed by Vice President - FP&A.
- Research markets and compile and maintain detailed market analysis documents to support execution of operations projects.
- Maintain and organize market-related research and communicate findings as appropriate to executives and management.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis for the Sr. Vice President - Property Operations.
- Identify new opportunities for growth to ensure industry leading revenue growth.
- Design, maintain, and update datasets to be used in regular or recurring analysis.
- Become the subject matter expert (SME) on new data tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday company issues.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an in-depth understanding of company markets and identify and communicate relevant information. Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and excellent people skills are required.
- Ability to think conceptually and translate concepts into practical applications solutions and decisions. Ability to demonstrate and execute practical and effective solutions to problems. Ability to analyze data and recommend strategy. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Understanding of statistical methods and willingness to learn about and create novel mathematical solutions.
- Perform duties that require considerable initiative, independent judgment, and strong communication skills. Must have the ability to manage workload, to develop efficient and effective processes that impact the entire organization, and to communicate with managers and staff at all levels of the organization. Ability to travel, when applicable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and presentations. Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, and the Executive Team. Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers, property management teams and associates.
- Knowledge of fiscal management and office management techniques with strong skills regarding spreadsheets, word processing and database applications. Strong experience and demonstrated aptitude with MS Excel, and some experience with MS Access and business intelligence tools. Ability to quickly learn new computer systems financial systems and business processes. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping, and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive research and required ability to sit for long periods of time. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in Economics, Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or other quantitatively rigorous field: or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Graduate degree is a plus.
- Three to five years’ prior experience in business, analytics, database management, statistical and/or predictive modeling role required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel required.
- Word and PowerPoint experience required.
- Direct experience working in SQL is required.
- Multifamily experience is a plus.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license unless otherwise noted.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Cancer Insurance
- Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- $109,990.00/yr. – $119,990.00/yr., depends on experience
- Eligible for 10% annual bonus potential, based on personal and company performance