About Our Company
At Nordstrom, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements.
Our teams are made up of motivated people who work hard to become leaders within the company, at all levels of the organization. These well-traveled paths show how hard work, loyalty, a competitive spirit and your unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
In addition to being a great place to have a career, we’re also committed to respecting the environment and supporting our communities.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Card Services Credit Data Systems and Support (CDSS) team is all about data! The team creates reports and dashboards for business users, provides expertise across disparate data sources, and many other tasks associated with getting data to the people who need it.
Card Services is looking for a Data Analyst 3 that can help CDSS with creating reporting, querying data, and answering questions with data for the business.
A day in the life...
- Partner with senior leadership and internal stakeholders to understand business and end-user needs, gain subject matter expertise and assess key opportunities, then design and implement high quality data and reporting solutions
- Create innovative reporting solutions integrating and leveraging Oracle, SQL Server BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI) and/or Tableau
- Transform data into graphical displays that provide insight into business performance, trends, improvement opportunities and root cause
- Develop “scrappy” data and reporting solutions as necessary by leveraging low-tech data capture, manipulation and visualization tools, e.g., MS Access, Excel, Text Converter software, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Mine data sources for new information and metrics, implementing new data collection systems where existing information is limited and/or non-existent
- Work with fellow team members and partners to continuously improve, streamline and automate report design, production, delivery and documentation
- Identify and implement solutions for best-in-class data management practices to ensure accurate, reliable and well documented data and reports
- Proactively improve and automate data and reporting processes, finding ways to improve team quality and productivity, and stakeholder satisfaction
- Act as subject matter expert on initiatives directed at improving measurement and reporting capabilities,tools and vendors
You own this if you have...
- 3-5 years of experience in extracting & manipulating large data sets from various relational databases using SQL (e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle, MariaDB, MS SQL, Teradata)
- 2+ years of corporate experience building and maintaining advanced Dashboards with Tableau, Power BI, SSRS…. With an understanding of data warehousing and data modeling methodologies
- 2+ years of corporate experience analyzing complex data, drawing conclusions, and making recommendations (credit card, financial services, or payments a plus)
- Python and VBA experience is a huge plus
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in quantitative discipline (e.g., engineering, science, statistics, math) or equivalent combination of education, training, certification and experience
- Self-directed ability to “hit-the-ground-running,” proactively identifying business data needs and formulating solutions with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving abilities for overcoming roadblocks, innovatively driving quality solutions, balancing multiple tasks and competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Organized, detail-oriented, proactive, diplomatic, self-motivated, dependable and driven by a passion for excellence
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships with peers, internal stakeholders and leadership
- Ability to build strong relationships, gain confidence and effectively communicate and work with teams, business partners and external vendors is required
What we offer
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources