December 7, 2023
About Our Company
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a cryptocurrency analyst you will be primarily responsible for conducting complex investigations into incidents of money laundering, fraud and other financial crimes involving the illicit use of cryptocurrency. You’ll track crypto funds flows, analyze large data sets, identify financial crime methodologies, identify trends and emerging threats, and typologies and conduct all-source intelligence research and analysis.
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
All About You
- Post secondary degree in Science or related field
- Solid understanding of OSINT and data analysis tools and techniques
- Related experience in conducting comprehensive, high quality end-to-end complex analyses and intelligence reports
- The skills to complete investigations in a timely manner by carrying out comprehensive analysis of information to fulfill time-sensitive obligations
- Interest and ability to analyze current and emerging trends involving cryptocurrency and other digital assets
- A knack for delivering written and verbal reports on investigation findings, to include briefings to clients, as well as internal departments
- A desire to partner with internal stakeholders and external partners in thinking and acting critically to identify opportunities for collaboration, raise awareness of investigative findings, and develop recommendations to mitigate risk.
Nice To Have
- Crypto/Blockchain investigation experience
- Training on blockchain analytic tool(s)
- Relevant AML/Fraud certifications e.g. Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), etc.
- Fluency in a second language (Mandarin, Spanish, Korean, etc.)
- Experience transacting with DEXs and/or DeFi protocols
- Experience with smart contracts, writing or auditing Solidity
- Ability to easily take technical information and articulate it in an easy-to-understand manner in both written and spoken environments
What we offer
Remote - New York: $69,000 - $107,000 USD
Remote - Washington, District of Columbia: $69,000 - $107,000 USD