December 7, 2023
About Our Company
Xanterra Travel Collection is the largest operator of lodges, restaurants and other concessions at national and state parks in the United States. Xanterra Travel Collection is a global diversified travel & hospitality company. Our operations span the country - from the lush wilderness and mountains of Glacier National Park to the magical desert of Death Valley. Whether you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, a vacation steeped in historic character, or a luxurious spa getaway, you can find it all at Xanterra Travel Collection. Our properties combine dramatic settings and landmark buildings with exceptional service to deliver extraordinary experiences.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a creative, thoughtful analytics professional to join our team. As Windstar Cruises’ Customer Data Analyst, you will play a pivotal role in managing and analyzing customer and travel agent data, optimizing marketing strategies, and enhancing the overall consumer experience. Working closely with marketing, sales, and IT teams, you will utilize your data-driven insights to drive consumer engagement, loyalty, and revenue growth. This position has the ability to be based out of our offices in either Greenwood Village, CO or Doral, FL.
- Customer Database Management:
- Oversee the collection, integration, and maintenance of customer and travel agent data from various sources (e.g. reservation systems, website, external lists, etc.) into the marketing data platform.
- Ensure data accuracy, hygiene, and integrity to provide a reliable foundation for analysis and marketing campaigns.
- Continuously assess and enhance the data structure to align with Windstar Cruises and Xanterra Travel Collection business needs and customer segmentation strategies.
- Customer Data Analysis:
- Utilize advanced analytics tools and techniques to analyze customer, prospect, and travel agent data to identify trends, behaviors, and preferences.
- Derive actionable insights from data analysis to inform marketing and sales strategies, personalized messaging, and targeted campaigns.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and provide recommendations for optimization.
- Segmentation Strategy:
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and refine customer segmentation strategies.
- Create and manage customer segments based on demographic, behavioral, and transactional data to tailor marketing efforts and enhance customer experiences.
- Reporting and Visualization:
- Maintain existing and develop new standardized reports and dashboards to provide stakeholders with regular updates on customer engagement, campaign performance, and other key metrics.
- Utilize data visualization tools to present complex data in a clear and compelling manner to facilitate decision-making.
- Campaign Optimization:
- assessing the marketing team to design A/B tests and conduct post-campaign analysis to assess the effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Provide insights and recommendations for improving campaign performance and increasing ROI.
- System Support:
- Collaborate with IT and vendors to troubleshoot system issues and ensure seamless data flow and system upgrades as it relates to Sales and Marketing.
- Document business rules, segmentation strategies, and workflows to facilitate system maintenance and knowledge sharing.
- Customer Journey Mapping:
- Analyze the customer and travel agent journey to identify pain points and opportunities for enhancing the overall experience.
- Collaborate with the marketing, sales, and guest service teams to develop strategies to improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, statistics, business, or a related field.
- Proven experience 3 years as a customer data analyst or a similar role in the travel or hospitality industry.
- Strong proficiency in database management and SQL querying.
- Experience working with CDP, customer data systems and related tools (e.g., RedPoint, Salesforce, etc.).
- Proficiency in data analysis and visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and/or Google Data Studio.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey complex data to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer
COMPENSATION: The pay range for this position is $78,000.00 - $90,000.00 per hour.
BENEFITS: For full-time employees, Xanterra offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision; HSA & FSA; Life & Disability; Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness; Pet Insurance; Vacation, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off; 401(k) with Company Match; Employee Assistance Plan; Education Assistance; and Employee Discounts and Travel Deals.