February 22, 2024
About Our Company
Cherry Bekaert delivers digitally driven and industry-aligned solutions to elevate our clients from mid-market players to market leaders in a hypercompetitive landscape. Ranked among the largest accounting firms in the United States, we offer specialized solutions across assurance, tax, business valuations, digital consulting, M&A and other advisory services to advance our clients' business goals. For more than 75 years, global corporations, private businesses, government entities, nonprofits, emerging firms, start-ups and successful individuals have relied on Cherry Bekaert to guide them forward as their growth advisor.
We offer professional opportunities and resources in an environment that is supportive, flexible, entrepreneurial, and offers personal growth. We invest in our people to help transform their careers. Bringing together diverse talents and backgrounds, we empower our people to achieve more. This supports our mission: “Making a Difference for our people, our clients, our community and our professions."
Cherry Bekaert specializes in serving industry sectors including Government Services, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Hospitality & Retail, Industrial Manufacturing, Not-for-Profits, Private Equity Services, Professional Services, Real Estate & Construction and Technology. In addition, The Firm has an international reach through our affiliation with Allinial Global.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The data analyst will collect, analyze, interpret, and apply sales and marketing data to improve decision-making, accelerate revenue growth and drive related business outcomes.
This position will transform raw data into useful information, actionable insights, key metrics and easy to understand explanations that answer important sales and marketing questions for company staff and stakeholders.
This position is integral in the company pursuit of a data driven operating model (DDOM).
Duties & Responsibilities
This position requires a mix of technical, analytical, and soft skills to effectively analyze data and communicate their findings. Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with stakeholders and management to prioritize business information needs.
- Solicit and collaborate with business stakeholders to understand what data and cascading information is most helpful in aiding the most important business outcomes.
- Identify primary, secondary, and other data sources and the tools to extract, integrate or sync data.
- Use query tools to extract data from different types of business systems.
- Streamline data collection methods to create automated and easy-to-use routines.
- Append first- and third-party data to a data lake or customer data platform.
- Apply validation rules to identify data quality issues and apply technology to resolve data quality issues where possible.
- Perform data analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data.
- Perform data mining and Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends for predictive analytics. We seek forward-looking information.
- Prepare dashboards and reports for management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Work with sales managers and practitioners to identify process improvement opportunities and quantify those opportunities so they can be prioritized.
- Present and effectively communicate data findings and insights to sales and marketing business practitioners.
Competencies required for this role include the following:
- Critical thinking, including the ability to approach problems logically and make informed decisions based on data.
- Business development, sales, digital marketing domain expertise.
- Problem-solving, including coming up with solutions to business problems using data-driven approaches.
- Communication skills, including clearly conveying findings, both written and orally, to non-technical stakeholders.
- Business analyst skills, including strong conversation skills to elicit objectives and requirements from staff and management.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to visualize and measure data flows with business processes. This includes data mapping techniques, such as Universal Process Notation (UPN), the Component Business Model (CBM) or Agile Value Stream Mapping.
- Create highly visual dashboards and reports to communicate insights to stakeholders.
Technical skills required for this role include the following:
- Data governance, including data privacy, security, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Data management, quality, query (SQL), modeling, and integration skills.
- Database access, retrieval, manipulation and modeling skills.
- Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx
- Predictive analytics tools.
- Data append, maintenance and enrichment tools.
- MarTech, including Marketing Automation Platforms (MAP) such as Adobe Marketo, HubSpot, Microsoft Dynamics Marketing or Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Customer Data Platforms, such as the Adobe CDP, Dynamics Insights or Data Cloud.
- CRM systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CE or Salesforce.
- Sales Tech, including Sales Enablement, Sales Operations, and sales processes.
- Knowledge of programming languages, such as Python (including libraries like pandas, numpy, and scikit-learn for data manipulation and analysis) and R (for statistical analysis and data visualization) are helpful, but not required.
- Data Lakes and enterprise data warehouses.
- AI and machine learning skills are highly regarded.
Required Education And/or Certifications
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, Marketing
- Digital Marketing Certifications
What we offer
What you can expect from us:
- Our shared values that foster inclusion and belonging including uncompromising integrity, collaboration, trust, and mutual respect
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
- A collaborative environment focused on enabling you to further your career growth and continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work
- Opportunities to connect and learn from professionals from different backgrounds and with different cultures
Cherry Bekaert cares about our people. We offer competitive compensation packages based on performance that recognize the value our people bring to our clients and our Firm. The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $158,125. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes annual bonus, medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.