December 4, 2023
About Our Company
For more than 125 years, Landis+Gyr has helped the world manage energy better. Our meters and solutions empower utilities and end-customers around the world to improve their energy efficiency, reduce their energy costs and contribute to a sustainable use of resources. As the largest global player in smart metering with one of the broadest portfolios in the industry, our products, solutions and services empower utilities and consumers with the data necessary to make informed decisions about energy usage and meet worldwide energy challenges today-and tomorrow.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst I provides standard operational support directly for the customer. This includes standard database operations and predictive data analysis. Responsible for monitoring the daily processes of the database function; deliver and troubleshoot database operations and meter level data management. Coordinates with other Data Analysts and the Service Desk for escalation of issues as necessary.
- Provides operational data support for internal and external customers.
- Writes SQL queries to analyze data and generate, monitor, and maintain informational reports.
- Supports meter level monitoring; provides meter data analysis and troubleshoots issues on a daily basis.
- Monitors performance metrics (stales, read performance, billing, etc.) for issues and troubleshoots as necessary.
- Is familiar with and supports at least 1 Company product (1-way RF, DHES, etc.).
- Works closely with Radio Frequency (RF) Technicians to maintain high network performance and meets customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- Assists with inventory management and database updates for equipment changes (meters, modules, collectors, concentrators).
- Proactively analyzes meters and reads data to identify issues and resolve, minimizing customer impact.
- Provides reports and exception handling for customer billing.
- Escalates issues as necessary to other Data Analysts and Service Desk.
- Assists in data discrepancy trouble shooting and resolution.
- Makes recommendations for standard metrics, reporting, and service improvement.
- Communicates issues and potential resolutions to management as necessary.
- Minimal support required after business hours.
- Works independently 75% of the time.
- Maintains individual professional development plan with associated goals.
- Supports and adheres to Company’s core values.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
- Supports and adheres to the Company’s Code of Conduct & Ethics Policy.
- Represents Company in a positive, professional manner when working with both internal and external customers.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Required years of experience: 1+ to 2
Desired Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of related experience is preferred (data analysis, ad-hoc queries, and customer support).
- Windows server experience is required; UNIX experience is preferred.
- Bachelors in Management Information Systems (MIS) or Computer Information Systems (CIS) is preferred.
- Experience with scripting is beneficial.
- Experience communicating, verbal and written, with a variety of audiences (customers & peers).
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Personal computer skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Keyboard/typing skills
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Write and execute SQL and Oracle queries.
- Data analysis
- Problem solving, technical troubleshooting, and analytical abilities.
What we offer
Pay is in the range of $51,100 to $70,228. The position is eligible for a 401(k) match and consideration for an annual bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, and certifications or other professional licenses held. All candidates are encouraged to apply.