December 2, 2023
About Our Company
For over 25 years, Early Warning has been a leader in technology that helps protect and advance the financial system. We serve a diverse network of approximately 2,500 financial institutions, government entities and payment companies. Our product solutions enable real-time funds availability for a variety of payment types through our payments network.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing data, generating metrics, and measuring processes to support data quality & data governance, including identifying areas for improvement, and implementing solutions. The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented individual with strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Build and identify metrics to share with stakeholders in the form of easily digestible dashboards via technology tools such as SQL, Tableau, Python.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify key areas of improvement in our operational processes.
- Partner with data and engineering teams build out the infrastructure to track key business metrics.
- Identify and assess emerging risks; escalate concerns and provide recommendations on mitigation strategies.
- Aggregate data for incident response, regulatory inquiries, and other course-of-business happenings.
- Collaborates with operations, engineering, and product teams to launch, improve, de-risk, and scale Early Warning’s products and systems.
- Ensure data requirements for operations teams are met when launching new initiatives or products.
- Participates in the development and implementation of data-related strategies and initiatives.
- Identify and analyze data and produce digestible reports that assess performance and ultimately improve processes.
- Communicate complex findings and recommendations to stakeholders, including senior management, in a clear and concise manner, enabling informed decision-making.
- Support the company’s commitment to risk management and protecting the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years or more of qualifying experience data analytics, data quality or data governance or related experience is required.
- Passion for performing data deep dives and using statistical techniques to uncover significant insights.
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements.
- Long-term thinking and ability to identify and mitigate risks proactively.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex data-related issues and propose effective solutions.
- Proficiency in data manipulation tools such as SQL, Python, or R.
- Strong working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) to create impactful reports.
- Strong communication skills and ability to efficiently communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy.
- Background and drug screen.
- Experience with statistical techniques including regression, clustering, time series analysis.
- Undergraduate degree in CS.
- Master’s degree in quantitative discipline.
- Prior experience working in payments, financial services, or similar regulated industry.
What we offer
The pay scale for this position in CA/NY in USD per year is:
$70,000 - $80,000
This pay scale is subject to change and is not necessarily reflective of actual compensation that may be earned, nor a promise of any specific pay for any specific employee, which is always dependent on legitimate factors considered at the time of job offer.
Some of the Ways We Prioritize Your Health and Happiness
- Healthcare Coverage – Competitive medical (PPO/HDHP), dental, and vision plans as well as company contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA) or pre-tax savings through flexible spending accounts (FSA) for commuting, health & dependent care expenses.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan – Featuring a 100% Company Safe Harbor Match on your first 6% deferral immediately upon eligibility.
- Paid Time Off – Unlimited Time Off for Exempt (salaried) employees, as well as generous PTO for Non-Exempt (hourly) employees, plus 11 paid company holidays and a paid volunteer day.
- 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Maven Family Planning – provides support through your Parenting journey including egg freezing, fertility, adoption, surrogacy, pregnancy, postpartum, early pediatrics, and returning to work.