December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Smart, Secure Everything—From Silicon to Software
Synopsys technology is at the heart of innovations that are changing the way we live and work. The Internet of Things. Autonomous cars. Wearables. Smart medical devices. Secure financial services. Machine learning and computer vision. These breakthroughs are ushering in the era of Smart, Secure Everything―where devices are getting smarter, everything’s connected, and everything must be secure.
Powering this new era of technology are advanced silicon chips, which are made even smarter by the remarkable software that drives them. Synopsys is at the forefront of Smart, Secure Everything with the world’s most advanced tools for silicon chip design, verification, IP integration, and application security testing. Our technology helps customers innovate from Silicon to Software, so they can deliver Smart, Secure Everything.
Since 1986, Synopsys has been at the heart of accelerating electronics innovation with engineers around the world having used Synopsys technology to successfully design and create billions of chips and systems that are found in the electronics that people rely on every day.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Talent and Leadership Development, a fun, passionate group of people working together to drive organizational impact through learning and organizational vitality. Synopsys is at a point of inflection where culture, skills development and organizational effectiveness have a heightened role in our company’s future success. We seek to enhance organizational vitality by promoting employee wellbeing and inclusion, fostering collaboration and innovation, and driving employee professional growth.
Passionate about your own learning and that of others. Excited by the opportunity to make a difference in an enterprise-focused role connecting employee engagement with enterprise success. You’ll thrive in this role if you love bringing ideas to life, don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and enjoy solving problems addressing both present and future needs.
About The Role
It’s an incredible time to be at Synopsys. Our company is growing and transforming itself to harness new customer solutions based on the unique technology capabilities across our product groups. As the Employee Engagement Manager, you’ll help drive and implement a holistic employee listening strategy. This includes managing the core employee listening and engagement process, from designing relevant measurement strategies to developing and administering surveys to generating insights and analysis to share with HR Business Partners and Senior Leadership on key focus areas such as engagement, retention, diversity and inclusion, development, etc. Above all, empathy and collaboration are needed. You’ll be working, consulting, and helping across many teams as an enabler with an opportunity to make a large impact.
Key Job Responsibilities
Survey Strategy, Administration and Governance (30%)
- Work with HR partners for requirements for Surveys and Action Planning
- Develop and socialize strategy for holistic employee listening surveys and action plans
- Identify relevant items and metrics to ask the right questions, provide meaningful insights and drive change
- Configure surveys as required (Pulse, Annual, Employee Life-cycle events like Onboarding, Exit, etc.) or custom surveys targeted to specific cohorts within the organization
- Partner with HR Communications on survey communications and launch
- Configure and maintain roles for various levels of users throughout the organization
- Partner with HR Tech for employee data integration, as needed
- Provide training to HR users
Reporting and Analytics (50%)
- Configure and maintain reports and dashboards to be utilized by the Executive, Management, and HR stakeholders
- Identify, configure, and operationalize standard KPIs that could be measured and tracked periodically
- Derive, interpret, and communicate analyses and insights to technical and non-technical audiences
- Analyze textual data, apply principles of NLP to large volumes of open-ended comments and raise flags for potential ER issues, if needed
- Analyze usage and survey participation and provide insights to HR leaders helping them strategize on increasing participation
- Create strategy for additional tools for survey data analysis and reporting
- Apply statistical methods such as linear and logistic regression, correlation, etc. to correlate employee engagement with other signals like business productivity, revenue, and customer experience metrics
Actions and Communication (20%)
- Advise and consult with HR and business partners on employee engagement, survey results, and action planning
- Create frameworks for enterprise or business-specific action plans based on survey results, work with HR partners to implement with accountability
- Develop and execute effective marketing to communicate actions and impact across several channels and audiences
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team structure
- Must excel at meaning-making and synthesizing data and information into coherent storytelling, recommendations, and influence
- Work collaboratively in a relationship-oriented, matrixed, fluid, growing and complex environment and effectively manage stakeholder relationships
- Must understand employee experience/engagement research, synthesis, and presentation concepts
- Must have an understanding of communication strategies and tactics, and best practices
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and business issues
- Must understand how employee experience and communication concepts work together to achieve maximum benefit for the organization
Technical Skills And Experience (Must Have)
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Human Resources preferred.
- Experience in Statistics, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Psychometrics, Sociology, Organization Development, or other Behavioral Sciences
- 3+ years of work experience directly supporting Employee Engagement/Experience survey administration
- 4+ years of hand-on experience in People Analytics and/or Employee Survey Analytics
- Strong understanding of survey methodologies, quantitative and qualitative research, and survey design principles
- Strong ability to understand sophisticated analytics topics and translate the analysis into simple language
- Experience with employee engagement surveys, employee lifecycle surveys, pulse surveys, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of text mining, semantic analysis and experience working with both structured and unstructured data
- 2+ years of experience working with EX platforms like Glint
- Hands-on experience with data visualization tools like PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience in either R or Python or other statistical programming languages/software
- Ability to conduct statistical analysis independently
- Experience communicating and presenting to Senior Management
Technical Skills And Experience (Desired)
- 2+ years of experience working with Glint
- Working knowledge of Success Factors and Vizier
- Experience working in a large, global organization, or one that is highly matrixed
What we offer
The base salary range across the U.S. for this role is between $93,000 to $162,000 . In addition, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus, equity, and other discretionary bonuses. Synopsys offers comprehensive health, wellness, and financial benefits as part of a of a competitive total rewards package. The actual compensation offered will be based on a number of job-related factors, including location, skills, experience, and education.