About Our Company
At USAA, our mission is more than just words – it’s the reason we do what we do. Our goal is to be the military community’s provider of choice for insurance, banking, financial products and advice.
Take a look back at our history and you’ll see a strong track record of providing members with the highest level of care and support. And we’re proud to continue helping them achieve better financial futures.
It’s that kind of dedication that’s helped us grow to more than 35,000 employees. Share our passion for serving those who serve? Whether you’re connected to the military or not, we’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Bank Marketing team is seeking a Digital Marketing Data Analyst who would be the primary point of execution in all Bank Ad Operations work including QR codes, vanity URLs, media matrix link approvals, cross-channel taxonomy, and advertising tag requests (implementation, validation, and troubleshooting).
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
What You'll Do
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.
- Leads and participates in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes an advanced understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation, or data collection.
- Strategically partners and works with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the right data ‘tool for the job’ to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value. Provides system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- May serve as an Agile champion who is responsible for the methodology, execution, and team education on best practices.
- May provide internal team leadership by providing guidance on business intelligence tools, techniques and processes.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry trends and share best practices with team.
What You Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other business-related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of data & analytics experience OR a minimum of 4 years of data & analytics experience and up to 2 years of progressive functional business relevant experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing etc.) for a total of 6 years combined experience OR advanced degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative discipline and 4 years of experience in data/analytics or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in the identification of innovative approaches to address moderately complex business problems and solutions.
- Advanced experience developing business deliverables that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven, expert ability to leverage or build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated the ability to embed intuitive story telling within the business intelligence solutions and platforms including concise presentation of complex technical details.
What Sets You Apart
- Experience in digital data implementations designing tag data requirements to integrate with analytics systems and KPI mapping
- Highly proficient working with digital analytics systems such as Adobe Analytics
- Technical knowledge and understanding of digital data attributes, dependencies, and limitations across key digital experience platforms to include Safari, Chrome, iOS and Android
- Skilled in digital data lineage throughout the data life cycle to help troubleshoot and mitigate downstream reporting and/or system issues
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $95,250 - $182,030.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.