About Our Company
Founded in the summer of 2020, Blank Street was born from the idea that great coffee should not come at a premium. We’re investing in the right things — better coffee, great baristas, local vendors and better value for our neighbors.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As our Data/BI Analyst, you become our go-to person for curating data and answering key business questions through dashboards and reporting. Further, you will help to analyze large, complex datasets and derive impactful solutions to core business problems. The role requires collaboration with teams and functions across the company ranging from strategy, product to operations and real estate.
- Magic is in the Details: In everything we do we value attention to detail, going the extra mile & thinking about everything that makes a moment meaningful
- Move as One: We look for inclusive and respectful team members who strive to be the best team player & who over-communicates to ensure understanding
- "My House is your House" Hospitality: We look for individuals who welcome guests into the cafe the same way they would invite in a friend, who are obsessed with presentation, making sure our cafes are always clean and welcoming & who provide stellar service, even when things are busy or stressful.
- Assist with data modeling and algorithm development efforts across various functions at the company generating actionable insights and operational efficiencies
- Lead the development of self-service reporting and analysis by creating and owning business reports and insight products
- Provide data-driven recommendations to help inform the company's most relevant strategic projects
- Assist in the most impactful data projects for the company, and develop efficient and scalable data models
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to ensure data quality and improve data access
- Perform deep dives into existing datasets and systems to uncover and resolve underlying issues.
- Interpret large amounts of complex data to tackle business issues and summarize into actionable solutions
- Bachelors in empirical or quantitative field
- 2+ years doing quantitative analysis and building dashboards
- High-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Passion for solving sophisticated, unstructured real-world problems with little to no guidance
- Mastery of relational databases & SQL & visualization tools
- Knowledge of Python and/or R is a plus
- Basic business acumen
- You can learn extremely fast and thrive under pressure
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Extreme attention to detail
- Able to judge and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
What we offer
- Salary: $120k/yr
- Equity package
- Private health insurance
- Paid time off
- A whole lot of Blank Street swag & coffee