Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is a digital currency wallet and platform where merchants and consumers can transact with new digital currencies like bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Looking for a motivated & agile eDiscovery analyst with 3+ years experience with at least 1 year in house. This teammate will help manage Coinbase processes for (1) project intake and assignment, (2) data preservation/legal holds, and (3) data collection, review, & production. Strong preference for experience with Google Suite, Slack, and Relativity.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
E-Discovery Project Intake & Metrics:
- Manage e-Discovery team’s system for intake and responding to inbound requests
- Coordinate with e-Disco and Legal team members as needed to complete or assist with completing projects
- Become familiar with team resources and current/projected project load, and own the metrics and dashboard for e-Discovery related projects
Data Preservation and Legal Holds:
- Day-to-day management of legal holds, adding custodians to legal hold software, drafting holds and updating legal hold template library, and responding to legal hold inquiries from legal team and employees
Data Collection, Review, & Production:
- Work closely with e-Discovery lead and Program Manager to execute all stages of data collection, review, and processing
- Forensic collection from all relevant repositories, including gmail, Drive, and Slack (among others)
- Coordinate with e-Discovery leads and Legal team to prepare data for document review and production
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 3+ years experience, including at least 1 year in house
- Fluency with data preservation and collection from Google Suite and Slack
- Understanding of the purpose and importance of legal holds and experience implementing or using legal hold software
- You are a quick thinker and a problem solver, and you are curious by nature
Nice To Haves
- Familiarity with SQL, Looker, and other structured data systems
- Experience with Relativity, Nuix and other data collection, review, and production tools
- Project management experience
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range as detailed below. Full time offers from Coinbase also include target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).