About Our Company
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for an individual to join our Network Implementations Reporting and Analytics team who is excited to solve data problems and evolve our data stories in fast paced highly visible team.
The Main Responsibilities
- Analyze data to provide meaningful insights. This individual must have strong data manipulation and interpretation skills.
- Clearly communicate analysis and complex concepts to non-technical audiences orally and verbally.
- Capture, develop, and document data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements.
- Ensure data quality, completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of solutions.
- Perform ad hoc and recurring reporting and analysis as needed.
- Collaborate with team mates to support needs creatively to provide appropriate insights to the business.
- Conduct data analysis, build models and reports, and identify key insights that can help solve business problems
- Collaborate with project teams to synthesize findings and develop data-driven narratives and strategies
- Create and manage data complex reporting views and tables in Oracle DBMS, including ETL work.
- Create and manage dataflows in Power BI environment and gateways
- Create and maintain python or R scripts for automated reporting, API, predictive modeling, automation of workload, and data analysis
- Create and maintain Power BI dashboards to drive business decisions and track KPIs as needed.
What We Look For In a Candidate
Click Enter to preview the description of QualificationsPreview
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business Intelligence, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- Ability to translate business needs to technical specifications.
- 2+ Years’ experience as a Business Analyst
- 5+ Years’ experience building SQL queries at an intermediate to advanced skill level required.
- 5+ Years in Database Development, preferably in Oracle utilizing stored procedures, complex nested statements, schedules, and functions.
- Must possess strong communication and relationship development skills.
- Ability to manipulate and summarize large data sets.
- A love of data analysis and data engineering.
- Experience in defining business requirements - prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Comfortable reaching out to domain experts to seek the knowledge you need.
- Ability to draw conclusions from research and analysis and determine next steps and course of action.
- Oracle DBMS/Python/R
Nice to haves but not must haves: Power Apps in both Model Driven and Canvas Driven apps using Oracle Databases and Data verse and embedded Power Apps / Power BI / SharePoint development / R and/or Python customizations to Power BI.
What we offer
$72,540 - $161,520
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing.