Hoffman Construction Company is the largest full-service general contractor and construction manager based in the Pacific Northwest, with offices in Portland and Seattle. With almost 100 years of leading edge construction and more than 85% of our volume coming from repeat clients, we have got a lot of history, but we are not stuck in the past. We encourage innovation, and we welcome diversity.
We are looking for people with a wide range of talents in positions from the jobsite to our corporate offices. Explore our website , and, if you like what you see, apply today.
Position Summary: Hoffman Construction is seeking an aspiring Data Analyst to join our Data team. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, collecting, processing, analyzing, and reporting on construction data. The Data Analyst will be comfortable with data munging (both numerical and text-based), mathematics (basic and statistical), and reporting. This person will also have excellent time management and communication skills, with acute attention to detail and the dedication needed to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This position will be fully in-office.
- Collaborate with team members and utilize various software programs to collect, maintain, and update data (Excel, Smartsheet, Power BI).
- Identify inconsistencies and incorrect data; track down issues and repair data.
- Create and maintain MS Power BI, Excel, and Smartsheet reports and dashboards.
- Update and maintain monthly craft statistics (such as headcount and hours) reports.
- Oversee weekly and monthly reports to Hoffman executives, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Communicate between stakeholders (suppliers, manufacturers, Hoffman employees, and clients) for the asset tracking program.
- Utilize asset tracking software to oversee logistics of material flow; identify inconsistencies and troubleshoot issues.
- Meet weekly with different teams to ensure data flow and reporting is maintained.
- Research machine learning algorithms.
- Create machine learning pipelines, test with construction data.
- Search for ways to increase efficiency in current workflows.
Position Related Skills
- Proficient in Windows and Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Teams), and have a general understanding of working within a computer network.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all aspects of data analysis.
- Working knowledge of one or more reporting tools such as Reports Now, PowerBI, Tableau, or Smartsheet.
- Knowledge of construction management software such as Procore preferred.
- Basic coding skills in Python or R preferred.
- Highly developed visual observation and interpretation skills.
- Ability to work well and maintain a cooperative attitude through high-pressure, fast-paced situations.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work while frequently interrupted by phone calls and questions on work in progress.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work well in a large professional setting. Patience and professionalism are essential.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to collaborate with various personnel within and across departments and at all levels of leadership.
Professional Experience and Education
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
Physical And Mental Requirements
- Standing/Walking/Sitting: Workday is a combination of sitting/walking and standing.
- Legs: Must be able to climb stairs - 5% of the day.
- Hands/Arms: Constant use of hands/fingers for mouse/keyboard/computer use.
- Vision: Visual acuity in near, mid, and far-range vision. Color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, hand/eye coordination.
- Hearing: Sufficient to hear conversational levels in person and over the telephone and radio; sufficient to hear alarms on equipment.
- Speech: Sufficient to make oneself heard in person, speak in front of groups, and be understood over the telephone and radio.
- Lift/Carry: Up to 50lb computer/drawings- minimal.
- Bending/Twisting: Minimal.
- Kneeling/Crouching/Crawling: Minimal.
- Constant mental alertness, accuracy, and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions, and follow through on all assignments.
- Must use creativity, independent judgment, and organizational and problem-solving skills to determine the best method to accomplish desired results.
- Must be able to plan and organize work.
- Must possess strong organizational and computer use skills and have an elevated level of competency to read/write/speak English, interpret construction related documentation and communicate with coworkers.