Stagwell is a challenger holding company built to transform marketing.
Stagwell Marketing Cloud (SMC) is a suite of data-driven SaaS solutions built for the modern in-house marketer. Born out of Stagwell’s network of award-winning agencies, SMC’s products empower marketers to drive business and brand impact by giving them intuitive tools equipped with actionable proprietary data. SMC’s portfolio of solutions powers strategic customer research, communications, and media activation for brands worldwide. Get your head in the cloud at www.stagwellglobal.com/smc. The Data Analyst will work alongside internal customers to conduct data investigation, research, data management and data reporting. The Data Analyst is responsible for building automated reports that allow for self-service data exploration. This person will also assist in conducting ad hoc analysis to answer specific business questions that may eventually require automated report development. You will be instrumental in analyzing data discrepancies and data lineage in our data asset acquisition life cycle and assist with solving data problems. This is a terrific opportunity for someone who is interested in joining a lean, innovative group with the possibility of tremendous career development in data engineering and data asset management.
- Build tabular and/or visualization reports in the Business Intelligence tool that help to articulate answer business questions that drive actions that improve the bottom line
- Provide teams and individual stakeholders with actionable insights based on data to support decision making efforts
- Design analytics dashboards and KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports for internal teams to identify critical data points and translate data into clear and coherent visualizations and reports for non-technical teams
- Collaborate with and offer insights into different internal teams from Data Warehouse and Engineering to Operations, Sales, Marketing and Finance
- Communicate and present on technical information with non-technical team members and stakeholders
- Troubleshoot and resolve data issues using critical thinking
- Organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners to collect business requirements and iterate through designs after receiving feedback from end users
- Coordinate and communicate between business users and the data warehouse organization, balancing requirements, and resources to solve business problems
- Work closely with engineering and operations to document business processes that have an impact on data quality
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues and work with other analytic team members and SMEs to ensure data consistency and integrity. Proactively identify opportunities to improve existing BI processes, communicating these opportunities to internal teams.
- Work independently and with team members to understand and document database structure and business processes
- Extract raw data from numerous data sources and aggregate it into cohesive data sets via ETL (extracting, transforming and loading) to ensure data is accurate and stable
- Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience in statistics, math, computer science, physics, finance, business administration, economics or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in technical data analysis, data warehousing, and data governance processes with proven business analysis experience
- Experience with MS SQL Server and writing TSQL views, stored procedures, and functions
- Passionate about data and analyzing business needs
- Excellent computer skills and highly proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience creating visually and verbally engaging presentations, for key stakeholders that tell a clear story using data and concepts
- Comfortable working in a collaborative setting with business senior executives
- Self-motivated requiring minimal supervision with a positive can-do attitude
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with designing reports and dashboards in, Tableau, SSRS, or PowerBI
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM (Customer Relationship Management) or AX
- Experience maintaining a data dictionary via any tool or custom application
In order to comply with equal pay and salary transparency laws in various locations, we believe the target range of base compensation in New York City for this role is $104,000 - $130,000. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and location.
In addition to medical, dental and vision coverage, we offer a generous PTO plan, 401k program, comprehensive family planning benefits (including paid parental leave), tuition reimbursement, and pre-tax commuter benefits. Benefits/perks may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Stagwell and the location where you work.