February 22, 2024
About Our Company
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible, from cutting-edge medical technology to space vehicles. Our formula includes one simple, surprising low-tech element that makes us stand out from everyone else: Trust.
We trust each other to work hard and do the right thing. We give people credit for their ideas. We take pride in sticking with a problem until it’s solved. We value you for who you are as much as what you can do. We enjoy what we do. And you can do it, too.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Data Analyst, you will work to align the policies, business rules, and system-of record accuracy, along with assisting in driving effective requirements. You will ensure data is in sync with defined standards, policies and quality requirements. You will measure data quality, integrity, accuracy, and consistency in the systems and demonstrates insight necessary to suggest improvements and attempts to address issues prior to seeking mentorship from senior staff members. This is a business-facing role, which requires a significant level of interaction with both technical and business affiliates at multiple levels, as well as data owners.
As a Data Analyst, you will:
- Work to define, document and harmonize data quality rules, policies, approval processes, critical metrics, availability rules, exception reports and implement control plans to ensure data remains clean.
- Solve complex problems involving data requirements and strategy decisions.
- Communicate difficult or sensitive information and builds relationships with domain experts and business partners to meet organizational goals and deadlines.
- Perform data validation testing and periodic audit for data quality.
- Recommend consistent business naming standards for use; develop data definitions, and business rules.
- Work with each site’s data owner to clean their existing data in preparation for extraction and transformation by the data team in accordance with the agreed upon data design documents.
- Work with each site’s data owner, SMEs, and relevant process analysts to validate the transformed data in preparation for load into solution system.
- Be responsible for troubleshooting and adjusting requirements documents for issues arising out of pre and post load validation exercises.
- Provide recommendation on if requirements, data designs, data load results, and go-live requirements have been met in order for approval sign-off/
- Support travel up to 10% to visit other Moog locations to engage with key business users.
To be considered for the Data Analyst role, here’s what you’ll typically need to bring with you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience supporting business or IT functions in a similar role.
- 2+ years’ experience in data management; preferably in an enterprise IT environment utilizing SAP or other Tier 1 ERP systems in a manufacturing / aerospace industry.
- Experience developing and documenting processes, creating automation, SQL, Visual Basic or other query language experience would be beneficial.
What we offer
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits on day one
- Flexible planned vacation
- 401K, profit share, and employee stock purchase options
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Inclusive company culture
- Onsite wellness center, pharmacy, and vision center
- Nature trails on campus
The base pay range for this opportunity is $70,000 - $95,000 per year.