December 5, 2023
About Our Company
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured.
GRAIL is focused on saving lives and improving health by pioneering new technologies for early cancer detection. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to overcome one of medicine’s greatest challenges with Galleri™, GRAIL’s multi-cancer early detection blood test. With this proprietary technology, GRAIL is also developing solutions to help accelerate cancer diagnoses, blood-based detection for minimal residual disease, and other post-diagnostic applications.
GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are looking for an Eligibility Analyst to help us onboard, implement, and manage enterprise customers.
The Eligibility Analyst will manage technical workflows which include handling of eligibility files, developing our reporting strategy, and working with internal teams to develop technical best practices for our customers.
The Eligibility Analyst will facilitate the relationships between GRAIL technical teams and our client partners. Exceptional communication and organizational skills are critical. The Eligibility Analyst has visibility into the entire company, and works alongside our market access, sales, marketing, IT, operations, customer service, and product teams to serve our client partners. The ideal candidate will also help develop best practices and be open to other responsibilities.
- Monitor project planning and progress tracking to ensure the timeliness, effectiveness, and overall success of technical processes within broader client implementation plans
- Coordinate technical teams at GRAIL and the technical client partner to collaborate on and execute onboarding and technical integrations
- Operationalize data maintenance support models, improving overall data timeliness and quality
- Develop and communicate ongoing outcomes reports to client on a regular basis, and use data to tell meaningful and actionable stories to our client partners
- Partner with the enrollment team and scrub data and drive enrollment strategy
- Coordinate and execute long-term reporting and evaluation schedules and identify opportunities for growth
- Troubleshoot and plan course of action for resolution of customer-reported technical issues.
- Oversee tasks including database configuration, definition of data requirements, data quality validation, and setup of the sFTP exchange process in order to ensure successful and timely launch
- Create and apply standard operating procedures and workflows designed to streamline the successful on-boarding of eligibility data.
- Create and run adhoc reports, graphs, and various data analysis
Your Background Should Include
- BS/BA + 2-5 years work experience
- 2+ years of experience working as a technical analyst at a digital health, healthcare, wellness, benefits or SaaS company
- Deep understanding of healthcare and how it works with employer groups and the US healthcare system
- Experience working on processing eligibility files, managing the transfer of data, developing actionable reporting
- A process-focused approach, with strong problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Experience working closely with benefits managers and administrators
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and listening skills, with a natural, effective consultative style
- Self-starter, curious, and proactive problem solver
- SQL skills preferred
- Flexibility and agility to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- A strong results focus, with a passion for finding smarter, better ways to achieve goals
- The ability to influence change and bring enthusiasm and excitement to the workplace
What we offer
The expected, full-time, annual base pay scale for this position is $88,000- $104,000. Actual base pay will consider skills, experience, and location.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.