December 6, 2023
About Our Company
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC) is a solutions company for health care professionals powered by a network of people and technology. With more than 23,000 Team Schein Members worldwide, the Company's network of trusted advisors provides more than 1 million customers globally with more than 300 valued solutions that help improve operational success and clinical outcomes. Our Business, Clinical, Technology, and Supply Chain solutions help office-based dental and medical practitioners work more efficiently so they can provide quality care more effectively. These solutions also support dental laboratories, government and institutional health care clinics, as well as other alternate care sites.
Henry Schein operates through a centralized and automated distribution network, with a selection of more than 300,000 branded products and Henry Schein corporate brand products in our distribution centers.
A FORTUNE 500 Company and a member of the S&P 500® index, Henry Schein is headquartered in Melville, N.Y., and has operations or affiliates in 33 countries and territories. The Company's sales reached $12.6 billion in 2022, and have grown at a compound annual rate of approximately 12.1 percent since Henry Schein became a public company in 1995.
Job Description & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for supporting QAD within HSO by monitoring and analyzing master data, key data, and master relationship data within the organization.
- Ensures master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to support the data quality.
- Identifies areas for data quality improvements and helps to resolve data quality problems through process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Ensures quality of master data in QAD, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts, helps to define and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Manages, analyzes, and resolves data initiative issues and manages revisions needed to best meet internal and customer requirements while adhering to published data standards.
- Assists in data management, governance, and data quality of master data requirements with other functional data owners to ensure functional master data integrity across the operation of financial systems is consistent and meets stated business rules and requirements.
- Work closely with the business/IT to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements.
- Responsible for mass data uploads into ERP system.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- 1-2 years of experience in data analysis or computer programming.
- Experience working with ERP systems. QAD experience is a plus.
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Ensure master data integrity in key systems as well as maintaining the processes to the data quality. Identify areas for data quality improvements and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies.
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity.
General Skills & Competencies
- Basic understanding of industry practices
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Basic planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic presentation and public speaking skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Developing professional credibility
Minimum Work Experience
- Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
Travel / Physical Demands
- Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
What we offer
The posted range for this position is $54,000 to $94,000 which is the expected starting base salary range for an employee who is new to the role to fully proficient in the role. Many factors go into determining employee pay within the posted range including education, prior experience, training, current skills, certifications, location/labor market, internal equity, etc.