February 22, 2024
About Our Company
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands – such as Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker and SodaStream – that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At PepsiCo, you get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneur’s mindset plus reach and resources. Our collaborative culture and worldwide presence generate a stream of new opportunities to define the future and propel your life’s work. Bring your unique perspective. Bring curiosity. Bring ingenuity, and drive. We’ll give you a platform to be daring on a global scale.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Analyst, ESG Packaging Data will be responsible for collection, cleansing, collation, curation and certification of high-quality packaging data sets to track and report progress on our packaging goals. This role will also support design and delivery of reports, scorecards, dashboards and analytical models that translate the packaging data into decisions and actions. Additionally, this role will support elements of governance and reporting process needed to ensure accurate and credible reporting for both internal and external stakeholders (e.g., CDP – Carbon Disclosure Project, GRI – Global Reporting Initiatives, BIER – Beverage Industry Environmental Roundtable, etc.) Finally, this role will assist in defining and validating the packaging metrics in next generation enterprise platforms such as PepsiCo Global Template (PGT), Complete Accurate Specification and Traceability (CAST), Enterprise Data Foundation (EDF), and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) to ensure that packaging data is completely and correctly available in the new platforms.
- This role can be based out of our Purchase, NY or Plano, TX headquarter location(s)**
- As the packaging data subject matter expert this individual will be responsible for all activities from data sourcing to certification of packaging and related sustainability data
- Lead development and maintenance of reports, dashboards, and scorecards to ensure accurate reporting and to reduce redundancy
- Support data needs for public/private reporting requirements, including to organizations such as CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project), EMF (Ellen MacArthur Foundation), GRI (Global Reporting initiatives), and BIER (Beverage Industry Environmental Roundtable)
- Support global & sectors teams with ad-hoc data and statistical analysis including managing inputs for customer surveys as relevant
- Support the teams with development or analytics regarding new or emerging sustainability goals and analytics work to support relevant business use cases
- Manage data governance document and processes for packaging data and ensure data in the system is complete, has been reviewed for integrity and can withstand audit and assessment by 3rd parties
- Support certification of packaging with internal controls as well as partnering with internal and external teams for independent, third-party data verification to ensure reliability of data
- Conduct peer or competitive analysis on peer packaging goals and performance
- Assist in developing the supporting analysis for packaging metrics required for senior management presentations
- Collaborate and coordinate with sector data analysts in packaging data collection and validation
- Support in identification, setup and maintenance of improved online data, metadata, and file warehouse
- Support digital transformation and data automation initiatives and process improvements for streamlining data capture and reporting for packaging and other areas of sustainability reporting as time allows
- Support the packaging agenda to create synergies within this workstream and with other sustainability priority areas and drive best practice sharing to enhance current data governance and reporting processes within Sustainability and other teams across PEP
- Support collection, cleansing, collation, curation, projections, analytics, and digitization efforts of other sustainability data as time permits
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Sustainability, Supply Chain, Accounting/Finance, Business or Management Information Systems or related field.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in Sustainability, Supply Chain, Finance, Planning, or related field
- Deep expertise with data analysis & modeling
- 1-2+ years of experience of SQL and Tableau
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to connect data to actionable insights
- Strong ability to translate analytical findings into graphical or visual form for effective communication
- Highly organized and can prioritize multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and self-managed, also able to work well in a team environment
- Strong analytical & problem-solving abilities.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and communicate effectively, internally and externally, to all levels of management
- Willingness to understand and investigate packaging technologies and nuances
- Proven proficiency in attention to detail, schedule management and organizational skills. This includes the ability to work in a very fast paced environment with multiple initiatives at various stages at any one time
- Embraces technology and systems as a means of driving efficiency in reporting
- Acumen and passion for technology and working in supply chain and sustainability domain; Familiarity with Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability programs, strategies, communications and related stakeholder engagement a plus
- Experience in a CPG desired
- Travel Percentage - 0 to 10%
What we offer
Compensation and Benefits:
- The expected compensation range for this position is between $68,000 - $113,850 based on a full-time schedule.
- Location, confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary
- Bonus based on performance and eligibility; target payout is 8% of annual salary paid out annually.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement.
- In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.