December 2, 2023
About Our Company
Thyme Care is a value-based oncology management platform whose mission is to improve the quality of life for people diagnosed with cancer by providing personalized, clinically coordinated care. Thyme Care pairs human guidance with software and analytics to quickly connect members to the right care and provide ongoing support through targeted, evidence-based interventions. Founded by oncology industry veterans and clinicians, the company's approach prioritizes deep provider relationships and integrates with a health plan’s existing infrastructure, coordinating value-driven care that leads to better outcomes, lower costs, and an improved member experience. Backed with venture funding from Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), AlleyCorp, Frist Cressey Ventures, Casdin Capital, and Bessemer, Thyme Care partners with health insurance plans and providers to extend the reach of high-quality cancer care through flexible value-based payment arrangements, including risk-based programs.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a Data Analyst at Thyme Care, you will be part of a tech team that is scaling quickly. Your focus in the role will be to deliver insights that guide the development of our core product: Thyme Box, our care navigation platform. You will also partner directly with our Care Team Leadership and Operations teams as we build and launch our go-to-market strategies.
After three months on the job you will:
- Partner with our Care Team to quantify the quality and efficiency of our services. As the data expert, you will partner with stakeholders to translate business problems into a clearly defined and documented analytical plan.
- Understand our data ecosystem and workflows. We follow the Extract, Load, and Transform paradigm. dbt is a core piece of our data infrastructure, and as a Data Analyst you will be leveraging dbt to build data marts.
- Build visualizations and share your analyses and insights with the Product, Clinical, and Operations teams. We use Looker as our BI tool to translate our data marts into visualizations and dashboards.
After six months you will:
- Evangelize our data and analytics platform and empower end users to answer their own questions. You will play a key role in increasing the user experience to allow end users to explore data and gain insights on their own using Looker.
- Make recommendations to our Product, Clinical, and Design teams for continuous iteration. Your insights will drive decisions to improve our products and services.
- Build and refactor pipelines in our data warehouse for Thyme Box and other external data sources. As the Data team, we seek to improve our existing infrastructure and data models to support the needs of Thyme Care as we grow our Care Team, population, and the breadth of our data integrations.
- Be a data model subject matter expert through code reviews, pairing, and training.
What leads to success:
- Act with our members in mind. Thyme Care's mission, and in particular our member experience, matters deeply to you.
- Move with purpose. You're biased to action. You know how to identify and prioritize your initiative's needs, and do what it takes to ensure that urgent and important needs are acted on immediately.
- Seek diverse perspectives. You are humble and proactively seek feedback from others. You're always looking to learn and grow.
- Experience. You aren't new to the data realm and have potentially worn multiple hats as a Analytics Engineer, Data Analyst, or Business Analyst. You must be proficient in SQL, and have experience using a BI tool (Looker, Metabase, etc). It will be helpful to have some experience working with python and dbt.
- Net-new development. You've collaborated with business stakeholders to design, implement, and maintain impactful metrics and dashboards.
- Curiosity. You're driven to understand how things work and love sharing that knowledge with others.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and ambitious startups. You know how to chart a course through ambiguous challenges.
What we offer
Salary Range within NYC: $110,000-$130,000