December 5, 2023
About Our Company
For 35 years, Xperi brands have delivered game-changing innovations in imaging, sound and beyond. Our entertainment technology brands have global scale that extend to 30 million streaming households, 90 million cars and billions of consumer devices.
Powering the next generation of smart devices, connected cars and digital entertainment, we make every moment more intelligent, immersive and personal with advanced technologies from our renowned brands, including DTS®, HD Radio, IMAX® Enhanced and TiVo®.
For high-quality, seamlessly integrated experiences that drive engagement and loyalty, partners across the digital value chain and consumers everywhere turn to Xperi.
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Data Analyst is a key role in Xperi’s growing and dynamic FP&A Data Analytics organization. The Data Analytics team is responsible for building data automation, visualization and predictive models for our internal customers to help solve business challenges. This role offers the opportunity to draw on your passion for problem-solving and simplifying tasks as well as your technical skill set to make important contributions on high visibility projects.
As a Data Analyst, you will play a truly rewarding part in developing data automation processes and delivering data visualizations. You will collaborate daily in an agile development environment with technical experts and cross-functional business stakeholders. This role is central to providing the senior leadership team with business intelligence and predictive modeling solutions to support critical business decisions. This role is focused on automating operational tasks, improving data processing and working with FP&A and operational teams to present interesting data and solve complex problems.
What you will get to do:
- Support the Financial stakeholders’ needs through development and maintenance of business intelligence solutions
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions by collecting requirements, transforming, improving and integrating data across various different systems
- Develop and deliver BI solutions to provide actionable intelligence that allows senior management to better manage the business and make data-driven business decisions
- Create visualizations, including dashboards, to display data-backed insights and predictive results
- Utilize and promote sound development practices (requirements gathering, design reviews, retrospective meetings, etc.)
- Identify and automate repetitive operational tasks at all stages of the BI development lifecycle
- Build tools and systems to increase operational transparency and monitor financial data
Who we are looking for:
- Intellectual curiosity to enjoy problem solving and ask the right questions to arrive at insights
- Capable of working with large amounts of data to support or refute a hypothesis.
- 3+ years of BI data visualization development experience using Tableau or Power BI
- 3+ years of experience with Databases and Structure Query Language (SQL)
- 3+ years of experience with process automation technology such as Alteryx or UiPath
- Experience with streamlining complex business processes using Smartsheet or Salesforce
- Project management and documentation experience using JIRA or Smartsheet
- Must enjoy working on multiple projects and be able to prioritize with minimal guidance
- A sense of humor and tolerance for ambiguity
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Financial or ERP systems such as Adaptive and NetSuite preferred
- Experience building predictive modeling using Python, R, or similar languages
- Ability to design ETLs and scalable data models is a plus
What will make you successful:
- Excellent project management skills and experience working in a matrix team across FP&A, HR, Sales Ops, Accounting, data engineering and other business functions
- Experience using data to solve complex, ambiguous, high-impact, cross-functional problems
- Keen troubleshooting skills and practiced agile development methodology
- Ability to work well without constant direction
What we offer
- Competitive compensation (salary, equity and bonuses) and comprehensive benefits designed to foster work-life balance, care for your health, protect your finances and help you save and invest for the future.
- Generous paid time away from work, including flexible time off, holidays and sick time, health and wellness initiatives, and a charitable match program to help you give back to your community.
- Great perks, which vary by location and can be site-specific: employee discounts, transportation reimbursements, subsidized cafes and fitness facilities.
- A flexible, hybrid work environment combining the best of in-office collaboration and community-building along with the benefits of working from home.
The estimated base salary range for this full-time position is $68,947 - $84,460 plus bonus and benefits, and can vary if outside of this location. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, competencies, experience, market demands, internal parity, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and perks and benefits for your location during the hiring process.