Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This position works out of our Lake Forest, IL location in the Core Lab Division. Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories, and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
As the Data Analyst, you’ll proactively contributes to developing and managing analytics solutions and support Project management office. The ideal candidate will possess a strong skill set in extracting and interpreting business requirements, developing Power BI dashboards, and working with data to provide valuable insights. In addition, the candidate should be proficient in managing data, have dedicated working experience in data preprocessing, data integration, and cloud services
What You’ll Work On
- Business Requirement Extraction: Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and understand business requirements and translate them into data analysis tasks.
- Power BI Dashboard Development: Design and develop interactive and visually appealing Power BI dashboards to present data in a clear and insightful manner.
- Data Insights: Apply moderately complex quantitative methods, analyze data to derive valuable insights, trends, and patterns that can drive informed business decisions, evaluate data analysis results, provide, and implement improvements.
- Data Management: Maintain data accuracy, quality, and consistency, and ensure that data is stored and structured appropriately.
- Data Preprocessing: Clean and preprocess data to make it ready for analysis, including handling missing values and outliers.
- Data Integration: Integrate data from various sources and systems, ensuring data consistency and accuracy.
- Dataflow: Develop and maintain dataflows to streamline data processing and transformation.
- Cloud Services: Work with cloud-based data storage and services to leverage the scalability and performance benefits of cloud technology.
- Risk Mitigation: Review technical risks and take appropriate action.
- Collaborates across functional areas: Present, deliver and interpret information amongst product team members, scientists, engineers, and other systems development personnel and work well with others in a collaborative, goal-driven environment.
- Technical Leadership and Mentoring: Provide input into moderate to complex project and design plans and timelines and provide technical mentoring.
- Analyze project data, identify risks, and co-ordinate risk resolution.
The base pay for this position is $62,700.00 – $125,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.