CMMB is an international, faith-based NGO providing long-term, community based medical and development aid to communities affected by poverty and unequal access to healthcare. For over a century, we have worked to strengthen and support communities through health care programs, the deployment of medicines and medical supplies, and the placement of volunteers.
As part of our new global strategic platform, we are focusing on the health of women, children and adolescents. We are working with our partners to deliver sustainable health services in targeted communities within Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean.
CMMB is recruiting for the position of Data Analyst/SQL Developer, Medical Donations Program in Long Island City (Queens), New York. The role is hybrid, including half-time on-site in Queens and reports directly to the Department’s Operations & Systems Manager and directly supports the Vice President.
As a member of the Medical Donations Program team, you will contribute to the advancement of the department’s strategy, warehouse management system optimization, data-driven decision making, inventory management, reporting and communications. You will act collaboratively and proactively to deliver on the organization mission and priorities.
As the Data Analyst/SQL Developer for the Medical Donations Program, you will be adept at utilizing top tier data management systems, SQL, SSRS reporting and other tools to monitor, manage, update and enhance database systems. You will use analytical methods to understand and control end-to-end supply chain operations and processes, and support determinations regarding procurement. This role contributes to areas including program management, business development, procurement, finance, IT and communications, as well as external partners and vendors.
This role is responsible for Warehouse Management System and data management; program compliance support, including internal and external report creation and generation; assessment of reporting results through investigation, analysis and evaluation. The role is also responsible for identifying problems and developing solutions and recommendations that support organization and departmental strategic priorities. The Data Analyst/SQL Developer is able to synthesize product inventory, health, financial, and other program data into easily understood and communicated trends, forecasts and programmatic impact. Further, you will monitor the accuracy of all financial and product documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the Medical Donations Program team to efficiently evaluate, record, analyze, and report on donated and/or purchased medical products. Engage and collaborate with other team members to ensure dependent tasks are completed. Participate in project meetings, including US and non-US colleagues and partners.
- Manage CMMB Warehouse Management Systems (High Jump Edge and Microsoft Access database) for inventory management and analysis. Develop reports and related code to meet business
- Conduct complex queries in WMS using SQL. Develop complex analytical SQL queries for use in Crystal Reports business intelligence application for multiple uses
- Create standard and ad hoc reports using various reporting tools. Provide quality assurance (QA) reports for not only coding errors and issues; make suggestions on data representation.
- Software development in MS SQL Server for Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) – HighJump. Develop code enhancements within the HighJump application to meet MDP needs that the application does not meet right out of the box.
- Design, develop and implement enhancements/customizations to systems, reports and process in both 1) Supply Chain modules including Order Management, Inventory, Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Track and Trace for pharmaceuticals; and 2) Constituent Relationship Management modules including vendor, donor, and done/recipient partner data.
- Verify coding by performing unit testing and trial runs.
- Develop scripts and reports to address business issues. Write queries to identify recurring issues. Report discrepancies.
- Architect complex data inport/export solutions to help meet critical business needs.
- Develop software solutions to automate EDI file transfers; design data flow solutions to generate reports using data mining/reports tools such as SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Maintain data and application integrity. Troubleshoot application/data issues, proactively identify process issues and suggest alternate solutions.
- Conduct data analysis and reporting using inventory and constituent information to support decision making and program advancement.
- Enable the modernization of existing inventory management, donation management, procurement processes, and financial reporting. Develop and automate data flow between systems to improve transparency and accuracy.
- Develop digital transformation of donation and procurement processes as well as inventory management.
- Create User Requirement Spec (URS) and Function Specification Documents (FSD) manuals and other training documents to manage and document system configurations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have strong data warehousing and business analytics experience. Expertise in Office Automation utilizing MS Access, Outlook, Excel, Word and VBA
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; (or five years related combination of education/certification and experience may be considered)
- Relevant Microsoft Office, MS Database, Excel, RedBook/Inventory valuation knowledge
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot tables, vlookups, etc.)
- Strong SQL skills, including the ability to write complex SQL queries in both MS Access and SQL ANSI-92.
- 5+ years’ current & continuous experience with Microsoft SQL Server programming
- 4+ years’ current & continuous experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Proven ability to analyze data and identify recurring patterns and report discrepancies
- Warehouse Management System experience (with HighJump WMS architecture experience, a plus)
- Experience in development for warehouse operations, specifically (within the HighJump WMS, a plus)
- ETL (Import & Export) using SSIS, MS Access, SQL
- Experience creating reports in SSRS, Tableau, BI Publisher or other reporting tool
- Demonstrated ongoing professional education
- Experience in developing and supporting web-based software solutions a plus
- Quick to learn, self-motivated, and enthusiastic; work well within a team environment and with minimal supervision
- Works effectively under pressure. Ability to manage competing priorities
- Multi-tasks and leads by example; pays attention to details; quickly identifies and resolves operational problems
- Demonstrated record of high ethical standards, strong operational stewardship, and good business judgement
- Strong inter-personal, communications, mentoring and collaboration skills
- Commitment to CMMB’s mission, core values and ethics standards
- Comfortable within the context of a faith-based organizational setting
CMMB is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The pay range for this role is $70,000 - $90,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location. This may be different in other locations due to differences in the cost of labor.